SigningsHotline.com Forum: March Mounted Memories Chicago Show - 2013 - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

March Mounted Memories Chicago Show - 2013

#121 User is offline   NYFaN31 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

I am trying mail-in for the first time for Alan Page on my multi signed Notre Dame mini helmet. I was wondering if sending contact info instead of check would be quicker because a check would take too long to clear. I am trying to make it to the Harrisburg show to get Rocket Ismail to sign it as well. Any guess how long return would take?

Thanks

Jerry

#122 User is offline   steelerfan2112 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

Maybe you should get the signatures at the Harrisburgh show first, then send it to Alan Page's foundation, it would be a little cheaper. I dont think you will get the helmet back in time from Mounted Memories.

#123 User is offline   nyjetsde80 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

Wich company r u mailing in to ?

#124 User is offline   FootballHOFCollector 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostNYFaN31, on 06 March 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

I am trying mail-in for the first time for Alan Page on my multi signed Notre Dame mini helmet. I was wondering if sending contact info instead of check would be quicker because a check would take too long to clear. I am trying to make it to the Harrisburg show to get Rocket Ismail to sign it as well. Any guess how long return would take?

Thanks

Jerry

If you are unable to get Alan Page at the Mounted Memories show, call "The Page Education Foundation". They are very good with the turn around on items signed. The fees are on the website and number to call if you have any questions. But there are no inscriptions.

#125 User is offline   NYFaN31 

• PipPip
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

That is very helpful. Thanks for the tip.

#126 User is offline   nyjetsde80 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

Adrian Peterson added

#127 User is offline   Ricky 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

View PostFootballHOFCollector, on 06 March 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

If you are unable to get Alan Page at the Mounted Memories show, call "The Page Education Foundation". They are very good with the turn around on items signed. The fees are on the website and number to call if you have any questions. But there are no inscriptions.

Jerry I have gotten Page ttm many times, but put simple you have a date for a signing in Ismail, so get him to sign your item first, and then get page. I have gotten items back from Page in a week and sometimes 4 weeks. So always get a planned signing done first cause with TTM you never know. Good luck

#128 User is offline   NYFaN31 

• PipPip
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will get Ismail first then send in to Page.

#129 User is offline   LionsLaw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

So two days have now been completed at this show, just wondering for those of you that were able to get there this weekend how has it been? How have lines at the signings been? Who has been friendly and talkative with their guests and who hasn't? What have you have signed, and are you happy with the whole experience?? Let me live vicariously through all of you that were able to go! :D

#130 User is offline   LionsLaw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

Did anybody make it to the show?

#131 User is offline   nyjetsde80 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

i did not but i talked to a few guys on facebook who did and they all said there was like no one there real short lines for bigname players so it doesnt seem like there increase in pricing helped them at all

#132 User is offline   LionsLaw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

That wouldn't surprise me at all. They had a lot of people at this signing that I would have loved to go and get but their prices were way too out there for me. I'm wondering just how much that affected the lines and the signings or if there were other factors for this show?

#133 User is offline   chibearsnaf38 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Locationon the jumbotron

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Your facebook sources are incorrect. Although there were short lines for the majority of the Baseball HOF members, and the majority of the older baseball stars (Kessinger, Jones, Kranepool, Swoboda); some guys crushed.

Brees sold over 200 + tickets (majority of items that I saw signed were full size helmets with inscription).
Adrian Peterson and Robert Griffin III just crushed. Both were great guests interacting with fans.
I was not interested in getting the signatures of a majority of the young NFL stars (Martin, Tannehill, Thomas, Wayne, Charles); I went for the Football HOF'ers.

College stars to be drafted in April, Robinson and Te'o, were interacting with fans and seemed genuinely grateful for the people seeking their signatures. Both guys did as well as I thought they would.

The local BlackHawk stars, Marian Hossa and Patrick Sharp surprised me with their numbers sold. Very strong lines for both.

For the first time in a long time we had the east coast virus, that is, all collectors standing at the entrance to the autograph area. Usually, the Chicago shows don't suffer from this; local police were standing nearby as calls to clear the entrance were not heeded and people tried to repeatedly sneak in with higher ticket numbers.
I would say most of the tickets sold for the autograph guests were in the 50-75 ticket range. You have to remember, a lot of the Baseball HOF'ers have recently appeared in Chicago (Rice, Alomar, Sutter).

All in all, I thought MM did an outstanding job with the guests and provided a very positive show experience.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx

#134 User is offline   armydad101 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationFort Lee, VA

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

View Postchibearsnaf38, on 25 March 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

Your facebook sources are incorrect. Although there were short lines for the majority of the Baseball HOF members, and the majority of the older baseball stars (Kessinger, Jones, Kranepool, Swoboda); some guys crushed.

Brees sold over 200 + tickets (majority of items that I saw signed were full size helmets with inscription).
Adrian Peterson and Robert Griffin III just crushed. Both were great guests interacting with fans.
I was not interested in getting the signatures of a majority of the young NFL stars (Martin, Tannehill, Thomas, Wayne, Charles); I went for the Football HOF'ers.

College stars to be drafted in April, Robinson and Te'o, were interacting with fans and seemed genuinely grateful for the people seeking their signatures. Both guys did as well as I thought they would.

The local BlackHawk stars, Marian Hossa and Patrick Sharp surprised me with their numbers sold. Very strong lines for both.

For the first time in a long time we had the east coast virus, that is, all collectors standing at the entrance to the autograph area. Usually, the Chicago shows don't suffer from this; local police were standing nearby as calls to clear the entrance were not heeded and people tried to repeatedly sneak in with higher ticket numbers.
I would say most of the tickets sold for the autograph guests were in the 50-75 ticket range. You have to remember, a lot of the Baseball HOF'ers have recently appeared in Chicago (Rice, Alomar, Sutter).

All in all, I thought MM did an outstanding job with the guests and provided a very positive show experience.

That was a great run-down!

You mentioned getting the HOFers. How was Jim Brown and Dick Butkus? Just curious.....

#135 User is offline   chibearsnaf38 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Jim Brown's health has deteriorated. He uses a cane to assist him in walking.
His signature is still flawless. Jim Brown's autograph should be displayed at the annual rookie symposiums, as an example of how a player should interact (sign) for a fan. Still a gentleman to all fans.

Dick Butkus was in a good mood (for him). Typically he does not like to autograph knock off/chinese jerseys, but I did not hear one person say that he refused to sign their item. He could show up at every show in Chicago and still sell 100 + tickets. His signature is also an exemplar that should be shown to younger players.

Bud Grant is also in failing health, but his signature is still as bold and legible as ones that I have received in the old 1990's tent sessions at Canton. Jonathan Ogden (90 +tickets sold) did well, as did Mike Singletary (100+) and Charlie Joiner (75+).
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx

#136 User is offline   armydad101 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationFort Lee, VA

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

I am glad to hear it went well with these guys.

I am a little surprised about the Jim Brown interaction. I have never been able to catch him at a show, but every time I hear someone talk about a show they saw him at, it comes with a negative story. Things like him being rude, getting up and leaving after just a few people have been through the line, etc. I am glad to hear that is not always the case. I need to get him soon!

I was on the fence about getting Bud Grant at this CSA show in 2 weeks until I read your post. I should probably scoop him up now while I still can.

Once again - thanks for a solid run-down!

#137 User is offline   LionsLaw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

An absolutely awesome run-down of the show and making me wish I would have gone now more so than ever! It sounds like it was a great success and that the ticket sales were very high across the boards which is nice. I'm glad to hear two guys I want to get in the future (RG3 and AP) interact well with their fans and seem grateful and appreciative for all the support that comes their way. I will be looking to get Jim Brown too and it sounds as if I had better hurry up and get on that.

Chicagobearsnaf38 who did you get in particular? You stated football HOF members but just wondering who all you got and on what. After your run-down I will definitely have to look into the show they host in November. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you in your post! :D

#138 User is offline   chibearsnaf38 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

The following HOF'ers signed a photo of the Hall: Ogden, Joiner, Slater, Singletary, Grant. I think I'm up to 108 autographs on the photo now.
A side note-I saw Drew Brees sign a Full Size HOF helmet. The person that acquired that helmet deserves kudos.

#139 User is offline   FootballHOFCollector 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

View Postchibearsnaf38, on 25 March 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

The following HOF'ers signed a photo of the Hall: Ogden, Joiner, Slater, Singletary, Grant. I think I'm up to 108 autographs on the photo now.
A side note-I saw Drew Brees sign a Full Size HOF helmet. The person that acquired that helmet deserves kudos.

chibearsnaf38 can you post a photo of your Hall of Fame picture. I would love to see how it is coming out so far. Are you having them all put their HOF year also? What size it the photo?

#140 User is offline   LionsLaw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Sounds like the picture is coming along very nicely, yes please post a picture as I would love to see the progress made also!

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users