SigningsHotline.com Forum: March Mounted Memories Chicago Show - 2013 - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

March Mounted Memories Chicago Show - 2013

#41 User is offline   nyjetsde80 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Pricing to get your items is $75 on flats/minis or $95 on premium items (jerseys, helmets, footballs, etc), inscriptions are $30 each

Manti Te'o prices at a denver autographs private signing

#42 User is offline   killerbee88 

• PipPip

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Added: Bud Grant and Roberto Alomar

#43 User is offline   LionsLaw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

Jonathon Ogden also added!

#44 User is offline   LionsLaw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Would love to see prices and dates here soon, some good people at the show and just want to know what days each one will be there.

#45 User is offline   85yanks 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Pricing is up and while its a good lineup, looking at the guests I would be interested in, I'm not seeing more than a couple I would get at these prices. Guess I'll be a window shopper again - didn't do the last show for the same reason - lots of good guests, all priced too high.

#46 User is offline   nyjetsde80 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Agreed only person I need is Butkus he's about the only one worth close to his price what kills me is he is a hof lb one of the greats and te'o is the same price and hasn't proven crap in the nfl

#47 User is offline   armydad101 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationFort Lee, VA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Prices are high but Butkus and Brown seem to be very reasonable.

I am not sure about Brown, but I don't get the feeling he signs much and the times he does sign I have heard he has left early or not been very pleasant. So for his price to be what it is, that seems reasonable to me.

#48 User is offline   thedottedline 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

I wasn't at all excited for the show because of price increases...but adding dayne brees ogden fisk and hershiser got me to dig my stuff out and take the weekend off work..
Price release today, guess it's all going back in.
A running total
Dayne mini $40
Brees SB MVP mini $260!!
Ogden HOF mini $90
Fisk HOF ball $100
Hershier CARD $50

if I do my math right that is a grand total of...FRICKING INSANE!!! ($540) I am not going, I'll wait and play my cards at a lucky IP chance down the road for free somewhere. I have a 1 year old and I'd rather spend that money on him, others may be able to afford it or allocate it differently but NO WAY am I
I would if it actually looked like this:
dayne $30-40 (correct)
Ogden $60-70
Fisk $50-70
Hershiser $25 (it is only a damn card)
Finally Brees $130-150
NEW TOTAL $295-355

#49 User is offline   85yanks 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Jim Brown was at the Mounted Memories show in Chicago 15 months ago. I don't have all the pricing but I can tell you for sure that he was $79 for flats up to 11x14 - this time its $130. Maybe you still think thats good. But I'm speaking simply from comparing the guests to what I've seen them for in the last few years.

In addition to that Brown example...

Ricky Barry was a VIP free guest last year at Mounted Memories Chicago - this time he is $50.

Carlton Fisk - if you want a ball with HOF inscription - $100 - I can name at least 4 shows in the last year alone he was cheaper at. And he was cheaper the last time at Mounted Memories as well.

Robert Parish was at CSA Chantilly less than 2 years ago for $35/$45. Now $60/$80

I got Robin Yount in person last year on a 16x20 at the Steiner store (Yes, that's right Steiner!) for $85. $130 at Mounted Memories.

Bill Walton Flats in an upcoming show in Mass in April is $49 for 8x10 or smaller. $59 for larger. Mounted Memories has him for $70 all flats.

Denny McClain - this guy sometimes has trouble giving away his auto - but regardless he is $25 at CSA, $40 at Mounted Memories

I could go on - but also a lot of this has to do with these promoters increasingly depending on MAB to book guests for them. So pretty much for every guest listed that was booked by MAB - you can pretty much assume they will be priced a minimum of $10 higher per item across the board as compared to when MAB has them at one of their own shows. However, the pricing still is very bad on guests they did not get through MAB.

#50 User is offline   mdellinger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

These prices are definitely high, if not outrageous.

#51 User is offline   LionsLaw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

I was really hoping for some lower prices as well. I was hoping to go to get a few people but with the drive, and the price of all of these athletes it is not looking like I will be making the trip after all. I continue to be amazed how high these newer players are priced, while proven players are the same prices and in some cases lower.

#52 User is offline   armydad101 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationFort Lee, VA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Let me try and clarify my statement.

These prices ARE high - no doubt.

I say "Reasonable" based off of others I have seen around within the last 10-12 months. His price for premium is comparable to recent signings of Franco Harris and John Riggins. If my memory is correct, this price is much better than Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders signings I have seen recently as well (the National specifically).

I personally consider these guys to be in the same "class" if you will. The next level down seems to be the Earl Campbell, Tony Dorsett, Gale Sayers group (price wise - not trying to open up the career stats discussion) .

The other reason I said "Reasonable" is the price for Jim Brown is "Great" when compared to Brees. Same comparison could be made with prices for Butkus and T'eo.

High? - YES.

In my eyes that seems to be the way the market is going - not that I prefer it that way.

#53 User is offline   nyjetsde80 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Yea I'm going to bite on Jim brown since I don't see him doing many signings

#54 User is offline   steelerfan2112 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

Hard to believe Dave Robinson wont be added. Theres no other shows in the Chicago area until November. I'm assuming he'll be in Canton the weekend of The National.

#55 User is offline   nyjetsde80 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

View Poststeelerfan2112, on 12 February 2013 - 03:36 AM, said:

Hard to believe Dave Robinson wont be added. Theres no other shows in the Chicago area until November. I'm assuming he'll be in Canton the weekend of The National.

Yea I thought for sure Robinson and culp would of been signed to this show for sure but o well ! Ogden the only one from this class that I've seen doing a signing yet

#56 User is offline   killerbee88 

• PipPip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

According to the Schwartz Sports mail-in website, Andre Dawson and Patrick Sharp will also be at the show.

#57 User is offline   LionsLaw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

You would think that they would have to add more people for Friday, wondering who else will be added that day.

#58 User is offline   SlamDawg 

• PipPip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

I e-mailed Schwartz Sports and they said that Jim Brown has set no limits on what he will inscribe, or the amount of inscriptions. Any stat or achievement, he'll do it.

Just a quick heads up, due to Jim usually only being willing to sign "HOF '71" or on even rarer occasions "ROY 57"

#59 User is offline   steelerfan2112 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Ray Lewis added. No pricing yet.

#60 User is offline   LionsLaw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

Where did you see that Ray Lewis was added?

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users