SigningsHotline.com Forum: The East Coast National - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The East Coast National

#81 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Locationlong island new york

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:45 PM

Gooden is a Molly guy they know now if he will be there or not. With no announcement or him canceling states he will be there. Either that or there will be another sutter issue. Only time will tell BUT I have faith that with several high end signers at this event they won`t be messing around with a Gooden issue of all people.

This always ends up being a good show the 4 I have been to have be done very well.

#82 User is offline   BronxLou 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:22 PM

View Postbrilis2016, on 19 August 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

Gooden is a Molly guy they know now if he will be there or not. With no announcement or him canceling states he will be there. Either that or there will be another sutter issue. Only time will tell BUT I have faith that with several high end signers at this event they won`t be messing around with a Gooden issue of all people.

This always ends up being a good show the 4 I have been to have be done very well.

Somebody please interpret :wacko:

#83 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:34 PM

casey Stengel has been reborn

#84 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:38 AM

wow post was removed explaining my issue last time around.

hummm should I even write anything about this event as someone might cry about it and have it removed? the whole reason you do the posts like this is to point out the good things and bad things about an event.

one issue if you are going to say free auto`s with admission then you guarantee there are enough coupons at the window to cover the free signings. if you have X amount then you say limited to 300 or X number you don`t say you should of gotten here sooner BUT you can buy one for $10 she said no you owe us 2 .... the only neg from this show.....

rained all the way there ... paid for parking which is fine that is not a promoter responsibility got there about 10 30 or so no Perry tix at window... I decided to have my mother ask about it at the table I kept myself in the background and above was what was told... did not get Perry period

good amount of dealers and items sold again jsa was far removed from the signing tables I guess due to table placement which is fine just had to hunt for them but saw more of the tables that way...

the guys we did get were friendly and seamed to want to be there which is always a plus ...did not hear anyone complaining lines were medium gave time to meet and greet one another which is nice

so nothing to bad to say this time around

with the exception of the Perry issue it was a great event.

#85 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:52 AM

will say I'm upset about Sutter as I can not get back there Tomorrow for him and refuse to ever do mail order again as I have 3 times and 3 times it has been messed up. just wish he had been booked to come back to Hofstra where he was to be I needed 6 o well.

will now wait for the Hofstra line up and see what we see hopefully it will be pretty good maybe a rollback price on a guy or 2 even Molly did that at her last shows and they did it with Boggs somewhat....

we shall see

want list

Seaver
Cox
Kaline
Lasorda "probably done now but sh maybe"
Fingers
Harvey

Football

Bob Brown
Ron Mix
Howie Long
Jim otto
Charlie Joiner
Joe Namath <--- announce EARLY

Hockey

any hof islanders

gary Cheevers
Milt Schmidt

Basketball

Bill Bradly
Jerry West
james Worthy <--TOUGH
john Stocton <TOUGH
Karl Malone

and how about

Naida and Olga ????

#86 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:40 PM

Went today. Plenty of dealers with a good assortment of items. JP is best in class when it comes to dealers. Nobody does it better in the Tri-State. Period.

I got Bernie, he took pictures with everyone and commented on some of the more unique items. He took a great pic with my son and Father in law and really couldn't have been kinder. I complain about Bernie's price but he's worth it.

Hoping to have some iconic Islanders in Hofstra. Maybe another 2000 team Yankee player and now that JP is getting into football more, would love to see them bring in Favre eventually. I'm good for at minimum a full size and mini (and yeah I know that will run me a grand or so)

Again, great work JP, your family friendly shows are a throw back to my days and I'm glad my son has expierienced another great one!

#87 User is offline   bonafyde 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:40 AM

Did Doc show up? There's been a lot of conversation about him the past few days on the radio.

#88 User is offline   lewbundles 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:20 AM

He was there...rail thin. Fidgety and looking horrible...

#89 User is offline   mm7rose 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:47 PM

Went to the show on Sunday and saw DOc and he really does look awful, he looks emaciated, seems like Straw is right about him. Thought same thing when I saw pictures of him at 96 reunion. Its sad, hope he realize he needs to get help, right now seems to be fighting it.

As for the show, for last group of Kaminecki, Mendoza and Robertson, they never announced line started and found out they had one line for all three together. Was also waiting for Suter and while I was on line for Robertson, and acoustics were so bad had no cle what they were saying. Also got Borque, there was no specific line for him when I got there, eventually just went to front and they let me go right up to him. My feelings are that the organization of the show was weaker than previous East Coast Nationals I have gone too.

#90 User is offline   nydre78 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:40 PM

"Everything's good," (Gooden) said in the radio interview. "I am healthy. I don't have a drug problem. I mean, I am an addict ... that don't mean I'm an active addict."

That being said, if you want Gooden's autograph, get it NOW

#91 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:59 PM

Personally I think $40 is to much for him. And just don`t see me contributing to his drug habit. Can be gotten on e-bay for next to nothing. Picked up a mini with MVP [ ment roy]and JSA for $30 with free shipping.... he has been everywhere over and over again.

With Carter gone the allure of the 86 team is just slow. What is bad is I have a Johnson bat with just him on it but w/o carter why build on it....

#92 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:08 PM

when did gooden win an mvp

#93 User is offline   Yankeemike 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationGarfield, NJ

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:55 PM

I did mail order for Joe Pepitone. He signed on Friday and by Tuesday my stuff was back
On November 13, Felix Unger was asked to remove himself from his place of residence; that request came from his wife. Deep down, he knew she was right, but he also knew that some day he would return to her. With nowhere else to go, he appeared at the home of his friend, Oscar Madison. Several years earlier, Madison's wife had thrown HIM out, requesting that HE never return. Can two divorced men share an apartment without driving each other crazy?

#94 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:41 PM

View Postanswerman, on 23 August 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

when did gooden win an mvp

my error ment roy

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +