SigningsHotline.com Forum: The Long Island National - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Jump to content

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

  • 7 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Long Island National

#41 User is offline   brilis2016 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1363
  • Joined: 20-November 15
  • Locationlong island new york

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:54 PM

last time I sent Mollie a text about him they were working on a pvt that was 6 months ago so not looking good I guess
0

#42 User is offline   85yanks 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 313
  • Joined: 04-March 11

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:32 PM

Big pile of 86 Mets. I don't go to White Plains. O'Neill is the only draw for me at Hofstra but thats not enough to justify going. Will check back again in the spring I guess.
0

#43 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 666
  • Joined: 07-December 12

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:35 PM

Ya I agree nothing for me here either. Not one baseball hall of famer either.. kind of sad about this show so far
0

#44 User is offline   BronxLou 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 548
  • Joined: 27-December 10

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:21 PM

Yep same for me not much there. Just gave Steiner some of my money for the upcoming Gary Sanchez signing. The newest Yankee phenomenon . I very rarely pay for current players . I usually wait till there retired and collect mostly hof'ers. But I got caught up with this one. Keeping my fingers crossed that he's not a flash in the pants.
0

#45 User is offline   reader 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 845
  • Joined: 19-December 10

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:47 PM

Some of you guys remember the real Hofstra National shows that used to be. We got Mantle, DiMaggio, Koufax, Campanella etc. and there were actually 300 dealer tables. Now it's the cavalcade of revolving Mets show and a lot of useless tables of new junk only. No vision=no inspiration. I'll pass too.
0

#46 User is offline   jpssports 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 256
  • Joined: 21-July 11

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:03 PM

Yes we are running some Mets this time. We will be adding more names. I understand everyone wants what they want, it is not that easy to fill everyone's needs. Last show at Hofstra we had baseball hall of famers, a track star Olympic medal winner, Yankees, Football Hall of Famers, basketball hall of Famers and free guests and 275+ tables of dealers. I'm sure we made some collectors happy last show. Not every show is for everyone, the Mets fans will hopefully like this one. Let's hope that this does not go in to an eight page tug and war telling us how we are doing everything wrong in the business like it did last show.

Thank you all for your support
Jim
0

#47 User is offline   BronxLou 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 548
  • Joined: 27-December 10

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:25 PM

View Postjpssports, on 22 September 2016 - 07:03 PM, said:

Yes we are running some Mets this time. We will be adding more names. I understand everyone wants what they want, it is not that easy to fill everyone's needs. Last show at Hofstra we had baseball hall of famers, a track star Olympic medal winner, Yankees, Football Hall of Famers, basketball hall of Famers and free guests and 275+ tables of dealers. I'm sure we made some collectors happy last show. Not every show is for everyone, the Mets fans will hopefully like this one. Let's hope that this does not go in to an eight page tug and war telling us how we are doing everything wrong in the business like it did last show.

Thank you all for your support
Jim



Why does this forum always have to be 100% positive for the promoter . A few of us said this is not the show for us . Just expressing our feelings . Same users always also praise you guys when you bring in awesome guest or have a great show including myself. But anytime someone or someone's say anything remotely slightly negative a promoter has to get defensive.
0

#48 User is offline   85yanks 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 313
  • Joined: 04-March 11

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:25 PM

A Mets heavy show is fine. Might not be for me but I don't expect every show to cater to me. That said, with the exception of Mazzilli, all of the 86 Mets listed appeared 2 miles away from Hofstra already this year. Maybe if it was Heep, Aguilera, Jefferson and guys like that instead. But the Mead Chasky stable of clients is getting pretty tiresome. Time to tap a different well. I'd love to see a show completely free of MAB/Chasky/Berke rotating guests.
0

#49 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 666
  • Joined: 07-December 12

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:39 PM

Yes this show is a great show for mets fans and anybody who hasn't had the chance to get Paul o Neil yet the show simply just isn't for me. I'm really excited however for the fall classic show with all the Cardinal hall of famers I will Def be there.
0

#50 User is offline   silverbacksports2 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 171
  • Joined: 07-June 12

Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:34 PM

I told u Jimmy a while ago to pull advertising from this site.
Not sure why any of you 85yanks, Bronxlou, Djbnyg5692 have ever came up and introduced yourselves. Pm me with your real names, we will leave you comp passes to the show. You can come meet us in thr backroom at 9Am Saturday or Sunday.
We can meet and you can put together our next lineup.
Or call me @ 646-208-4309 or batkay22@yahoo.com
I am serious on this because sometimes people need to see the deals and the behind the scenes to get a clue.
Ryan
0

#51 User is offline   reader 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 845
  • Joined: 19-December 10

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:57 PM

View Postsilverbacksports2, on 22 September 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

I told u Jimmy a while ago to pull advertising from this site.
Not sure why any of you 85yanks, Bronxlou, Djbnyg5692 have ever came up and introduced yourselves. Pm me with your real names, we will leave you comp passes to the show. You can come meet us in thr backroom at 9Am Saturday or Sunday.
We can meet and you can put together our next lineup.
Or call me @ 646-208-4309 or batkay22@yahoo.com
I am serious on this because sometimes people need to see the deals and the behind the scenes to get a clue.
Ryan


You and I actually met at the Hofstra show when you had Randy Velarde/Claudell Washington. We talked over a number of things and all in all I felt you were quite intelligent and tuned in pretty good. It's obvious you care but it just seems as if you care more about Westchester than Long Island. As far as having anybody put together your next lineup that's easy...METS/METS/METS. If it seems that way to me then I'm sure it seems that way to lots of other collectors, Ryan.
0

#52 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 666
  • Joined: 07-December 12

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:23 AM

Ryan again so far this show isn't for me. I collect NY Giants, NY Yankees, Notre dame, and Baseball Hall of Famer Memorabilia and am starting to want to work on a 3000 hit and 500 home run project. I already have gotten Paul O Neil for what I need. I would totally love to sit down and see all the behind the scenes stuff and see what you guys have to do to prepare for a show as I'm obviously interested in this hobby and would one day maybe maybe run or help run something like you guys do. I'm only 26 years old but have been collecting little by little since i was 14. Again as I said I will definatly be at the white plains show in october. The thing is you have to see it from my perspective too. I'm a fan and I live in Cooperstown NY. So i drive a good 3 and a half hours to come to your guys show. I don't know if you remember me I drove through the crazy sleet winter storm to come get Tino Martinez. That's how much I like you guys and how you run your shows. My name is Doug. I will introduce myself if you would like when i come to pickup my tickets at the white plains. I should be calling in to pre order sometime next week! Again I don't want you to think I am trying to bash your guy's reputation or how you run your shows. Like you know I show you my enthusiasm when you guys put a show up with guys I need to. Thank you
0

#53 User is offline   silverbacksports2 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 171
  • Joined: 07-June 12

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:47 AM

View PostDjbNYG5692, on 23 September 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

Ryan again so far this show isn't for me. I collect NY Giants, NY Yankees, Notre dame, and Baseball Hall of Famer Memorabilia and am starting to want to work on a 3000 hit and 500 home run project. I already have gotten Paul O Neil for what I need. I would totally love to sit down and see all the behind the scenes stuff and see what you guys have to do to prepare for a show as I'm obviously interested in this hobby and would one day maybe maybe run or help run something like you guys do. I'm only 26 years old but have been collecting little by little since i was 14. Again as I said I will definatly be at the white plains show in october. The thing is you have to see it from my perspective too. I'm a fan and I live in Cooperstown NY. So i drive a good 3 and a half hours to come to your guys show. I don't know if you remember me I drove through the crazy sleet winter storm to come get Tino Martinez. That's how much I like you guys and how you run your shows. My name is Doug. I will introduce myself if you would like when i come to pickup my tickets at the white plains. I should be calling in to pre order sometime next week! Again I don't want you to think I am trying to bash your guy's reputation or how you run your shows. Like you know I show you my enthusiasm when you guys put a show up with guys I need to. Thank you




Sounds good Doug let me know what day you are going to be there.
-Ryan
0

#54 User is offline   silverbacksports2 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 171
  • Joined: 07-June 12

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:53 AM

View Postreader, on 22 September 2016 - 10:57 PM, said:

You and I actually met at the Hofstra show when you had Randy Velarde/Claudell Washington. We talked over a number of things and all in all I felt you were quite intelligent and tuned in pretty good. It's obvious you care but it just seems as if you care more about Westchester than Long Island. As far as having anybody put together your next lineup that's easy...METS/METS/METS. If it seems that way to me then I'm sure it seems that way to lots of other collectors, Ryan.



We know Ruben Amaro Sr.
First of all the guy is 80.
Let me break it down for you.

Say he costs 2,000 to bring in. Not sure where he lives but lets say Florida.
2000
+
275 Airfare ( might need someone to come with him this could double)
+
150 hotel (might need someone to come with him this could double)

2425 cost

20.00 a ticket ( which I am sure we will hear about the price)

Say he does 300 in Mail order
80 tickets (which I highly doubt) 1600

1900 in
JPRS Loss (525)
and this is if we can get him ourselves and not have an "agent" tack on a % on top of that.

But the greastest show ever!!!
0

#55 User is offline   reader 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 845
  • Joined: 19-December 10

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:50 AM

I never referenced Ruben Amaro as an example of anything and I have no idea what your closing line, "But the greatest show ever" alludes to.

Look bottom line is you guys will keep doing what you're doing because you're obviously successful at it. You're guests just aren't in my collecting wheelhouse so I won't be attending your shows and that's the American way. I can always hope though that you come to your senses. :)
0

#56 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 666
  • Joined: 07-December 12

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:09 AM

I will definatly be in white plains sunday for the cardinal hall of famers. I'm excited! :D
0

#57 User is offline   silverbacksports2 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 171
  • Joined: 07-June 12

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:17 AM

View PostDjbNYG5692, on 23 September 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

I will definatly be in white plains sunday for the cardinal hall of famers. I'm excited! :D


OK sounds like a plan. I will be bopping around. Please get in touch with Jimmy or myself.

-Ryan
0

#58 User is offline   GetsByBuckner 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 83
  • Joined: 11-April 15

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:29 AM

Let me start by saying I'm a fan of the JP shows and have been attending for years. But I do have a suggestion that would maybe help bring in new names without having to rely on the same reps with the same clients.

Many, many former Mets players have Twitter accounts and are very responsive to fans who reach out to them. Among them, Glendon Rusch, Doug Flynn, Ellis Valentine, Brian McRae, Carlos Delgado, Pedro Feliciano, Lenny Harris, Stan Jefferson, Tim Leary, Paul LoDuca, Bob Ojeda, Lenny Randle, Duaner Sanchez, Kelly Stinnett, and Todd Zeile.

All of these players would be great gets for Met collectors like me. Maybe you could reach out to them through their Twitter accounts to see if they would be interested in making an appearance.

A couple of years ago, when JP and Steiner hosted the Rangers reunion show, I contacted the 1994 GM Neil Smith, through his Twitter account, to see if he would be attending (I have some items I was hoping to have him sign). He told me no one had invited to him.

Additionally, the website pastpros.com has a very large list of former players that they represent for autographs (including names who have never made appearances in the NYC area like Gil Flores, Junior Ortiz, Pete Falcone, Dan Norman, Sergio Ferrer and more). Is it possible to work with them to bring some of these guys in for a show?

Far be it from me to tell anyone how to run their business. Just trying to think outside the box on how to get players who you wouldn't expect to be doing a public autograph signing.
0

#59 User is offline   dan99 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 60
  • Joined: 23-January 11

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:53 PM

I had planned on sending in my Bob Gibson jersey for signing. The mail order price is $104 plus an additional $10 for s/h. Tom Orr emailed me that their cost for Gibson on a jersey is only $75. I enjoy JP shows, but I can't pass up on the savings offered here.
0

#60 User is offline   brilis2016 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1363
  • Joined: 20-November 15
  • Locationlong island new york

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:58 PM

View Postsilverbacksports2, on 22 September 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

I told u Jimmy a while ago to pull advertising from this site.
Not sure why any of you 85yanks, Bronxlou, Djbnyg5692 have ever came up and introduced yourselves. Pm me with your real names, we will leave you comp passes to the show. You can come meet us in thr backroom at 9Am Saturday or Sunday.
We can meet and you can put together our next lineup.
Or call me @ 646-208-4309 or batkay22@yahoo.com
I am serious on this because sometimes people need to see the deals and the behind the scenes to get a clue.
Ryan



although you did not call me out here I am one of the one`s that gave a negative report about Hofstra last time around. I called you and left you a message.......

I leave an honest review I always have Your last Hofstra event was not so great but the W.P show was good people need to know the truth ... this is what these threads are for not to hurt you or your shows....

Hopefully the Hofstra show will do better then last go around I will leave an honest report on it.... I'm sure it will be better then last go around ...

I have nothing bad against you guys you know this there is only 1 promoter I have a real distaste for and you or mollie is not it.....

just do your best guys that's all any of us want you to do ....

and get some hall of famers in for this event Lasorda would of been nice or a McCovey for the last time

what I don't understand is that there are all these old obscure Mets that live with in 300 miles of here but you don`t bring them in guys you can most likely get for $500 but you don't take advantage of them both ryan locke and Steve Dillon and Dillon lives in queens


my complaint to you is that you take to long to let us know who is coming to your events.... from me personally I have already promise out $600 to the sun times event and the same for CSA for my fall collecting and now looks like I have to get Yaz for 180 in Nov... finds it hard for me to do a whole lot with your upcoming shows when I have already committed to others and there is just so much $$$ to go around.... we as collectors need to know some list well in advance ..... that is the only complaint I have ... if you need to send out offers earlier then do it you can send out offers today for your spring show in Hofstra.....

all we want as collectors is a good variety of guests NOT gooden over and over again

please bring in some Islanders hall of famers I have been asking for a bit now and maybe Namath for less then $300....

O and my name is also Doug but like I said before you guys know who I am

thanks for your time
0

Share this topic:


  • 7 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users