SigningsHotline.com Forum: jan show - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

jan show

#121 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:01 PM

Great to meet D Brillis as I waited in the football line...told me about the print and saw his concern(Understandably) and continued my wait-Glad to hear it worked out-look forward to seeing hi him in the future with better circumstances...lined moved nicely...bought my tix about 1:15 and, most guys(Stenerud, Dawson, Reed, Little) were numbered in the high 40's, Hornung and Lilly were in the 60's)...So I started in the 40's line as Hornung and Little were both not there when the stage line started moving...
Stenerud, Little, and especially Dawson were very nice...Dawson was asking every customer their name, thanked them, and, provide a great looking signature...only complaint for me was that he used a fine tip black sharpie on the HOF helmet,as I didn't notice until it was too late. But, what a great experience he was creating...
Amazing the stacks of "numbers" these guys were signing...getting them ready to be sewn onto cheap replica looking jerseys..get ready for those on eBay...by the time I finished the stage Brillis was gone, so, the print must have been retrieved by then...
Moved onto the Hornung/Lilly line..about 230 the gentleman monitoring the lines started calling for Hornung tix..said he was leaving soon, get sig now..so, moved up there..handed him the helmet..signed where I wanted him to, but, not a good sig..small and light at points...okay, but, not the quality of others..and he slammed the helmet a bit giving it back to me..no interaction at all with him..got back in line and waited for Lilly..who was making small talk, but, not especially social..very professional, great signature...before the footballers, got Barker on a no hitter bat with inscription-very nice, took his time...good guy..then, went back into a longer line for Browning that moved well...signed my 20 game winner print...liked it, commented that he won 20 early in his career and didn't back there again...walked the show a couple of times, didn't buy anything, though the floor seemed like it had good traffic...walked back to the metered lot across the street(25 cents for 15 minutes) better than the main lot for sure...on Sundays may be able to park free on the street...contemplated going back today, but, Sutton and Hamlin will have wait until another day...maybe MAB in a couple of weeks..BTW, Mollie went out of here way to thank the people waiting in the Lilly and Hornung line...Jack B was sitting with Lilly....wonder if he or MAB booked him...Cheers

#122 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Locationlong island new york

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:06 PM

Jack was with Lilly wow the only guy I did not really say anything to I have a few ummm choice words for me Burke. :ph34r: ...... yea Horning was late to start with he was just not good ... next time I will spend some time with you .......

something I saw I forgot to mention while waiting at jsa a guy had gotten a ball done from Browning with the no hitter insc and he paid for another inse and he had the complete line done each inning it looked great

#123 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:38 PM

Went to the show today and it looked like jps did very well today. Alot of booths and big lines for Molitor robinson and sutton. I couldn't of been more happy Don and paul were both great and signed my bat. A dealer had the Carlo Beniti Ted Williams signed artist proof very nice. Looked like most people like me were there for Molitor sutton and Frank robinson. Very great show though no complaints at all from me.

#124 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

Next time I will post what I wore ahead of time to meet some of u fellow collectors out there. Today I was in white zip up hoody with baseball hall of fame hat on with blue bat bag hope I see people at Fort Lee for Yankee show in a couple weeks!

#125 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:54 PM

ha ha I guess I have started a trend ha ha well good to put faces with names :)

#126 User is offline   nydre78 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

Threw my back out and missed the show this weekend. Sounds like I missed another great show from JP's.

Good to hear about Montana. He's all business but he acknowledges the fans which is all I am asking for. I have gotten Dawson at two different GTSM shows. He is a very nice man. I have also gotten Hornung twice. Both times he was a curmudgeon. Don't believe his health makes much of a difference.

Does anyone know if the boxers had good lines? Did anyone get Boom Boom Mancini? How was he?

#127 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:27 PM

Boxers were all together on the left side on the floor less then 100 people in line from what I saw for all 4 but did not pay that much attention...... was worried about my print at the time.... so not really sure

#128 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

boom boom did great....the others did ok...I didn't get any boxers...but while I waited by the stage I watched the lines

#129 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

View Postanswerman, on 15 January 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

boom boom did great....the others did ok...I didn't get any boxers...but while I waited by the stage I watched the lines

hum you did not say hi I`m sure you say me once I lost my print I was on stage the rest of the time next time say hello

#130 User is offline   SKVU 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:43 PM

View Postgzman, on 15 January 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

Great to meet D Brillis as I waited in the football line...told me about the print and saw his concern(Understandably) and continued my wait-Glad to hear it worked out-look forward to seeing hi him in the future with better circumstances...lined moved nicely...bought my tix about 1:15 and, most guys(Stenerud, Dawson, Reed, Little) were numbered in the high 40's, Hornung and Lilly were in the 60's)...So I started in the 40's line as Hornung and Little were both not there when the stage line started moving...
Stenerud, Little, and especially Dawson were very nice...Dawson was asking every customer their name, thanked them, and, provide a great looking signature...only complaint for me was that he used a fine tip black sharpie on the HOF helmet,as I didn't notice until it was too late. But, what a great experience he was creating...
Amazing the stacks of "numbers" these guys were signing...getting them ready to be sewn onto cheap replica looking jerseys..get ready for those on eBay...by the time I finished the stage Brillis was gone, so, the print must have been retrieved by then...
Moved onto the Hornung/Lilly line..about 230 the gentleman monitoring the lines started calling for Hornung tix..said he was leaving soon, get sig now..so, moved up there..handed him the helmet..signed where I wanted him to, but, not a good sig..small and light at points...okay, but, not the quality of others..and he slammed the helmet a bit giving it back to me..no interaction at all with him..got back in line and waited for Lilly..who was making small talk, but, not especially social..very professional, great signature...before the footballers, got Barker on a no hitter bat with inscription-very nice, took his time...good guy..then, went back into a longer line for Browning that moved well...signed my 20 game winner print...liked it, commented that he won 20 early in his career and didn't back there again...walked the show a couple of times, didn't buy anything, though the floor seemed like it had good traffic...walked back to the metered lot across the street(25 cents for 15 minutes) better than the main lot for sure...on Sundays may be able to park free on the street...contemplated going back today, but, Sutton and Hamlin will have wait until another day...maybe MAB in a couple of weeks..BTW, Mollie went out of here way to thank the people waiting in the Lilly and Hornung line...Jack B was sitting with Lilly....wonder if he or MAB booked him...Cheers

Dawson is truly the cream of the crop when it comes to being a class act Hall of Famer. Always thought he was underappreciated as a player, so I was thrilled with his election several years ago.

#131 User is offline   lewbundles 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:55 AM

I thought Sunday was a free day at the metered lot...Not so...even though I placed money in meter, I overran and got a $25 ticket...

#132 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:49 PM

this maybe be a somewhat silly question but with today being a holiday how would this event of been if it was a wrap around 4 day event? most people are off sure you could get signers more money all around don`t you think? to go threw Monday? just a suggestion for next year

#133 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

Soooo Bats now that you are back in the Chicago area and on here what do you have to say about the event?????? luggage and all...... hay at least we got a pretty got convo in there at the end during the 45 minute blizzard outside

#134 User is offline   Bats 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:16 PM

Brills, the venue was perfect and organization of players on stage was well planned. The handlers and players were probably the friendliest I have ever experienced. My only gripe would be the aisles weren't large enough for luggage lol definitely good putting a face with a forum name. Next event more of us should get together... possibly GTSM NJ at the bar :D

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users