SigningsHotline.com Forum: march show - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

march show

#161 User is offline   BronxLou 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:15 PM

I work 10 minutes from the white plains center . All the snow melted already . Brills you have safe passage now .

#162 User is offline   reader 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

Over by me the inch or two melted before I could grab the shovel. This thing was a laugh fiesta compared to what's supposed to be coming Tuesday.

Oh, and Jim, how about no more Islanders or football HOFers for Hofstra, okay? You've catered to the Mets fans now a little love to the Yankee fans on Sunday would be greatly accepted.

#163 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Locationlong island new york

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

its not me driving if it was I would be there in 40 feet of snow but my meds restrict me right now. we got about 5 inch`s here but is melting down now. BUT I have already been told no so there is nothing I can do. None of you live far out on long island. there is nothing I can do.....

sorry Jimmy like I have said several times I would rather pay you here then the other promoters. I don't even save any money as 3 full size helmets and my prints were going with someone from the event to take to CSA and Fanatics so the shipping will hurt anyway....

it is just how it is if hinesight I should of went to deer park Wenesday and given Jimmy my things to take with him and if we made it I would of gotten them from him and if not had him get the things signed...I just got my seat back in and wanted to add Greene now I have to ship that to someone else and loose the money on shipping back and forth...

does anyone live anywhere near the coram area? and going to the event tomarrow I`m not to far off exit 63 on the LIE....

DAMM ITT !!!!!

wanted to add to this I did not realize that suntimes is NEXT WEEKEND so I can not get my print out in time ..... and the hits keep coming

#164 User is offline   BronxLou 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:17 AM

Well like I said yesterday the snow is all gone BUT it is FREEZING!!!!!! On my lunch break I'll be running in and getting joe green on a 16.

#165 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

I do have to agree it is very very cold out....

lenny moore canceled always seams to be a day of cancelation but to be honest I was hoping for more especially gino and the Raiders ...... ya ya I`m greedy ...... well Jimmy now you can bring Lenny to Hofstra and I will get 2 footballs done....

19 out where I am and that's in the sun but the roads are clear.... sure do wish I was there

#166 User is offline   nydre78 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:47 PM

Had a great time today. I got Joe Greene, Tim Raines and Gino Marchetti. All great guys. JP's always puts on a good show.

PS- LT seemed hammered.

#167 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

hate that I missed gino next time

#168 User is offline   BronxLou 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:10 PM

View Postnydre78, on 11 March 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

Had a great time today. I got Joe Greene, Tim Raines and Gino Marchetti. All great guys. JP's always puts on a good show.

PS- LT seemed hammered.

I was there for joe green. Gave a nice signature and was a very pleasant man, took a nice smiling posed pic. Mean joe green does not fit the man I met today that's for sure. He must have sold at least a 100 autographs. LT was defiantly drunk that's for sure . Kept standing up laughing and looking flustered. Yelling out at joe green hey joe I never seen you drink coke soda. When LT started his line they callled numbers 1-10. Green was 15-20 at that point . I had number 65. When they got to my #65 for green they were stilll on #'s 1-10 for LT. So you can say he was taking his extra happy selfs time lol.

I saw Dennis rodman last week at the big wrestling show in queens. You wanna talk about hammered. I bought a 16x20 licensed photo from photofile for him to sign. I get up to him and place it on the table. He turns towards his guys behind him looking mad. He's pointing at magic Johnson mumbling something about he wasn't there. One of his guys was like yea magic was there. I think that's 1992 or something. He then gets mad again saying no he wasn't there this isn't right. He was basically implying that I doctored the photo and placed magics little body into the small corner of the photo of rodman dunking in. I say to the guy behind him listen this is a licensed photofile photo. The guy is like yea Dennis it has to be good it's a real photo. Rodman shakes his head signs it with disgust. Wearing dark sunglasses smelling like a brewery. My 2nd time gettting rodman and my last.

#169 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:27 PM

Well I guess if he was friendly and all. But it does put a bad light on the youngsters that come to see him. And with the way Greene hates even the mention of Coke or Coke Products, There could of been a problem.. but all worked out well I`m guessing or else it would be up here....

hopefully his auto did not suffer from him having a few drinks or came out like the Paul Horning`s did from the last event...

ok well here is looking that all make it there tomorrow and sober ...

as long as his sig was fine and he was friendly then I don't see an issue as you pay for the auto ... unlike a different signing.

#170 User is offline   BronxLou 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:55 PM

View Postbrilis2016, on 11 March 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

Well I guess if he was friendly and all. But it does put a bad light on the youngsters that come to see him. And with the way Greene hates even the mention of Coke or Coke Products, There could of been a problem.. but all worked out well I`m guessing or else it would be up here....

hopefully his auto did not suffer from him having a few drinks or came out like the Paul Horning`s did from the last event...

ok well here is looking that all make it there tomorrow and sober ...

as long as his sig was fine and he was friendly then I don't see an issue as you pay for the auto ... unlike a different signing.

Well on a different autograph site there's a picture from a guy that had LT sign a seatback and one of the inscriptions came out a little messed up. He was pissed say the least. Asking everyone there if they had experiences with a drunk LT at other signings.

#171 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

How was Jack Berke looking with LT? Someone had to get LT to that point in the early afternnon? I'm not implying anything, just wondering...
How was Joe dealing with LT nonsense?
Next week Rodman is at Nielson in East Hanover for a 3 hour appearance starting at 3 om..do u think Prince will keep him straight for it?

#172 User is offline   BronxLou 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

View Postgzman, on 11 March 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

How was Jack Berke looking with LT? Someone had to get LT to that point in the early afternnon? I'm not implying anything, just wondering...
Next week Rodman is at Nielson in East Hanover for a 3 hour appearance starting at 3 om..do u think Prince will keep him straight for it?

Honestly jack looked fine . He was sitting right next to him so I can't say jack got him drinking before they got there . As far as rodman goes I met him twice now and both times he was drunk wearing dark sunglasses . A friend of mine paid the $30 fee for rodman to take a pic with his wife . He nicely asked Dennis to stand up and he was giving him a hard time . He finally stood up and said this is the last picture I stand up for today . Not very nice to say the least . Also forgot to mention when he signed my photo part of the D in his name Dennis was signed on the brown cardboard my picture was laying on . So good look with rodman if you need him . Like I said I got him twice now and I will never get him again .

#173 User is offline   nydre78 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

View Postgzman, on 11 March 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

Someone I spoke to said at one point he saw Jack step away for a few minutes and was upset.

#174 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:36 PM

at what point does a promoter step in?

LT was the big draw today so of course he would be given a lot of leeway and I can understand that. If he was not cursing people out or threating buyers then I guess all is well.

BUT does a promoter step in if that starts to happen. What if LT started signing just LT and this is it. would that be means to stopping the signing? it was not when Horning could not spell out 1 letter of his name for $50. this is a fine line of a thing as it would not really be jimmy's fault. but there has to be protection for both the signer and the buyer. You are buying on faith that you are getting a quality product.

what if Hank Aaron come in and only signs HA for $350 because he can not do any better that day. either by drinking or any other means. as a promoter what do you do and as a buyer what do you do.

there is to much money involved here for this to happen. D-Rod has always been a loose cannon he just does not care...

hope this was a one time thing and that it will never have to be brought up again.

#175 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:25 AM

That's unfortunate to hear about LT, because in my opinion (and I'm sure I'm not alone), he is one of the best signers out there.

If he's having some personal issues again, I hope he gets the help he needs, for his own sake and for the good of the hobby. He's a guy we definitely need at these shows !

#176 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:28 AM

View Postbrilis2016, on 11 March 2017 - 11:36 PM, said:

at what point does a promoter step in?

LT was the big draw today so of course he would be given a lot of leeway and I can understand that. If he was not cursing people out or threating buyers then I guess all is well.

BUT does a promoter step in if that starts to happen. What if LT started signing just LT and this is it. would that be means to stopping the signing? it was not when Horning could not spell out 1 letter of his name for $50. this is a fine line of a thing as it would not really be jimmy's fault. but there has to be protection for both the signer and the buyer. You are buying on faith that you are getting a quality product.

what if Hank Aaron come in and only signs HA for $350 because he can not do any better that day. either by drinking or any other means. as a promoter what do you do and as a buyer what do you do.

there is to much money involved here for this to happen. D-Rod has always been a loose cannon he just does not care...

hope this was a one time thing and that it will never have to be brought up again.

That's why a promoter covers themselves with a contract stipulating terms. When Mollie had grumpy Tommy LaSorda, she pretty much had to have 2-3 people surrounding him and to make sure he changed pens as requested and signed legibly. LaSorda is far from the head case that Rodman is, but he is very moody and has his ups and downs.

#177 User is offline   BronxLou 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

I heard when LT was in Atlantic City this past summmer for the national the promoters had a bottle and cigars waiting for him in the back. He was trying to get out at one point going thru emergency exit doors setting off alarms . Adding inscriptions for certain people he would write I'm a bad mother fuc*ker and he wasn't using the asterisk lol. Also someone yesterday said he was walking around the floor saying where's the hoes at. Smh gotta be tough for a promoter like jp's or anyone else to not bring him in since he is so beloved especially in New York but also tough dealing with circumstances like this.

#178 User is offline   reader 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:27 AM

Mickey Mantle sat for many signings in a "happy" frame of mind. Greer Johnson, his manager/partner, keep him in check always. Mick would get feisty with customers at times but never in an obvious booze cloud. Eddie Mathews was another one. Man, this guy would get out of a taxi or car service at the venue and the cabbie would have to go to rehab from inhaling. It was, it is and it's gonna be for a handful of them.

#179 User is offline   nydre78 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:38 AM

View PostBronxLou, on 12 March 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

Adding inscriptions for certain people he would write I'm a bad mother fuc*ker and he wasn't using the asterisk lol.

Overheard somebody saying they asked LT to add that inscription to their helmet. But he wouldn't because Bill Parcells autograph was on it. Aside from being on something, it didn't stop him from being nice to everyone. Especially the kids.

#180 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

View Postnydre78, on 12 March 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

Overheard somebody saying they asked LT to add that inscription to their helmet. But he wouldn't because Bill Parcells autograph was on it.

Now that's a first I'm hearing something like that. In fact, he seems to have a pretty good reputation with inscriptions. I've heard from a few that they got an inscription from him, even without a ticket (when they should have had one).

My personal experience, just this past year, I got 3 inscriptions with only 1 ticket. Side note, that is the only time I've ever opted for an inscription ticket for anyone.

I asked for "All-American, HOF, B.A.M.F." and instead got "AA" "HOF '99" and "B.A.M.F." all separately with 1 inscription ticket. In hindsight, writing out All American wouldn't have fit too well, so it worked out great.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users