SigningsHotline.com Forum: April 2017 L I National - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

April 2017 L I National

#181 User is offline   bobbydmetfan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:45 AM

Jim,

Beyond ecstatic for this show. I need Harvey on a couple of items as well. Hopefully the pricing is reasonable.
Just seeing the name Pat Kelly made me say wow.......Haven't seen him anywhere ever. You have some tough Yankees names here as well, and I'm sure you're not done. Thanks again.

#182 User is offline   reader 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

View Postbobbydmetfan, on 19 March 2017 - 06:45 AM, said:

Jim,

Just seeing the name Pat Kelly made me say wow.......Haven't seen him anywhere ever.

I just checked the green navigation bar above under Past Events and it lists a Pat Kelly signing in Va. in 2004 and that's it for his history.

#183 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

View Postreader, on 19 March 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

I just checked the green navigation bar above under Past Events and it lists a Pat Kelly signing in Va. in 2004 and that's it for his history.

Reader,

I think that was the other Pat Kelly that played for the Orioles, I could be wrong but I think I'm correct.

Jim

#184 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:51 AM

Jim,

Are Art Ditmar and/or Rollie Sheldon options for future guests or are they unwilling to travel due to age?

And since you guys are doing such a good job...how about ex Yankee (and briefly ex Met) Dick Tidrow? :)

#185 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

View PostMrJeter2, on 19 March 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

Jim,

Are Art Ditmar and/or Rollie Sheldon options for future guests or are they unwilling to travel due to age?

And since you guys are doing such a good job...how about ex Yankee (and briefly ex Met) Dick Tidrow? :)

Last time we reached out to Ditmar and Sheldon they did not want to travel anymore,

Tidrow is not willing to do anything, we have taken him off our list, we have tried for 10+ years, we have also tried for Holtzman for 10+ years, we offered these guys a lot of money, so money is not the issue.

Jim

#186 User is offline   reader 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

I got Tidrow in 1993 at Queens College for Double D Promotions at a 1977-78 Yankee reunion show and he seemed to be having a real good time. He posed for pictures, walked around the dealer tables and was quite outgoing. Whatever turned him off of shows was definitely not evident at the '93 show. I know a lot can happen in 25 years and in Tidrow's case something did.

Jim, I know he's old but can you at least inquire about former Yankee Gordon "Billy" Hunter who lives in Maryland. At least humor me and say you tried.

#187 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

View Postreader, on 19 March 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

I got Tidrow in 1993 at Queens College for Double D Promotions at a 1977-78 Yankee reunion show and he seemed to be having a real good time. He posed for pictures, walked around the dealer tables and was quite outgoing. Whatever turned him off of shows was definitely not evident at the '93 show. I know a lot can happen in 25 years and in Tidrow's case something did.

Reader

Agree with you there, I setup at a Atlantic City show same thing 77-78 Yankee show, Pasttime productions ran the show, not sure what year it was someone around 1992-1993, we got snowed in at the show, dealers , players etc...

They only had one restaurant open because the help couldn't even get there. The table next to us had Gossage, Tidrow, Guidry, Lyle and I don't remember who else and we were talking with them and they were all as nice as can be.

Jim

#188 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:35 AM

View Postreader, on 19 March 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

Jim, I know he's old but can you at least inquire about former Yankee Gordon "Billy" Hunter who lives in Maryland. At least humor me and say you tried.

Reader,

Billy Hunter made several appearances at Orioles Fanfest and throughout the season at Camden Yards during the team's 60th Anniversary season in 2014. He's obviously up there in age but he seemed to be doing great. He even threw out the first pitch for a game as the oldest living original Baltimore Orioles.

#189 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

View Postjpssports, on 19 March 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

Last time we reached out to Ditmar and Sheldon they did not want to travel anymore,

Tidrow is not willing to do anything, we have taken him off our list, we have tried for 10+ years, we have also tried for Holtzman for 10+ years, we offered these guys a lot of money, so money is not the issue.

Jim

Figured as much with Tidrow but it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks.

#190 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:49 AM

View PostMrJeter2, on 19 March 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

Figured as much with Tidrow but it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks.

Never hurts to ask, I think it's good here to keep good communication open between collectors and the promoters, this way the collectors see some of what we are up against at times, if it's the players are too old to travel, or just don't want to do it etccccc... We learn from you the collectors also. I saw on a previous post that Gary Gentry is in assisted living now, very sad to hear this, we had the pleasure of having him in three times and now this explains why we could not contact him anymore.

Jim

#191 User is offline   85yanks 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

The only living 61 Yankees I still need are Jack Reed, Johnny James, and Lee Thomas. Not sure if any of them are able/willing to travel.

I actually made the trip to Orioles Fanfest the last time they had Billy Hunter and got all my stuff signed. Got to speak with him for a bit as pretty much everyone else there were only interested in the current Orioles he was seated with. He told me he would not be travelling outside of the area again. He did look good considering his age, signature was great but he seemed pretty set on that he wasn't going to be venturing outside the Baltimore area.

#192 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

View Post85yanks, on 19 March 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

The only living 61 Yankees I still need are Jack Reed, Johnny James, and Lee Thomas. Not sure if any of them are able/willing to travel.

I actually made the trip to Orioles Fanfest the last time they had Billy Hunter and got all my stuff signed. Got to speak with him for a bit as pretty much everyone else there were only interested in the current Orioles he was seated with. He told me he would not be travelling outside of the area again. He did look good considering his age, signature was great but he seemed pretty set on that he wasn't going to be venturing outside the Baltimore area.

Yes, I was there as well and got that same vibe from him too. Nice guy.

I did the same thing in 2012 when Willie Randolph, coaching for the O's, made a then rare public appearance. Randolph has surfaced much more frequently as of late, but that was not always the case. I remember he did a Gloria Rothstein show in the late 90s/early 00s as a free signer. However, he refused to sign any equipment - only flats and balls. No bats or helmets or hats. Heck, I remember seeing a youngster hand Randolph his mud drenched little league cap (no joke), only to be told no since it was considered "equipment".

When JPs had the 77-78 infield at an anniversary show around 2010/2011, Randolph did very well then. That was really the start of him making much more frequent appearances.

#193 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:08 AM

View Postjpssports, on 19 March 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Never hurts to ask, I think it's good here to keep good communication open between collectors and the promoters, this way the collectors see some of what we are up against at times, if it's the players are too old to travel, or just don't want to do it etccccc... We learn from you the collectors also. I saw on a previous post that Gary Gentry is in assisted living now, very sad to hear this, we had the pleasure of having him in three times and now this explains why we could not contact him anymore.

Jim

Yes, I agree the SHL boards are a great way for the customers and promoters to interact. I'm always surprised that more promoters don't take advantage of this opportunity. It's a great way for the promoters to get "free advertising" and to directly elicit customer feedback and suggestions. As I've said multiple times before, I have appreciated your candid responses as it allows the collector to understand your thought process. A little thing like the nice conversation you said you had with John Olerud, was nice to hear that side of your involvement. And how you're already planning ahead with the possibility of Mike Stanton this Fall and the possibility of Mattingly/Pags in Jan 2018 in White Plains.

#194 User is offline   RJSJ95 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:37 AM

Hello,

Did not get Lagares, but just got confirmation that we will have Matt Harvey at the show. He will be there on Saturday, if by any chance he pitches Saturday he will be there on Sunday.
Website with prices will be updated on Monday

Thanks
Jim

Awesome Job Jim!!! I have Harvey but I still have a few items I need him on that I can't risk sending in the mail. Great to see him in person!!

#195 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:55 AM

What about Cecil Fielder, does anyone need him, what do you guys think?

#196 User is offline   reader 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

NO THANKS.

#197 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:00 PM

View Postreader, on 19 March 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

NO THANKS.

Yeah he as offered to me, just not sure if anyone has a need for him

#198 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

Ya I don't need Cecil either he has been busy on the circuit as of late

#199 User is offline   GetsByBuckner 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

I think Fielder just did the MAB Yankee show in January. A couple of more guys who played played for both teams that might do ok...Lance Johnson & Jose Vizcaino (2000 yanks + time with Mets), Todd Zeile and Lenny Randle. Would love to see Torre one of these days too.

#200 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:31 PM

jimmy when's the last time u reached out to holtzman...2 years ago he did a show in Missouri...he wasn't cheap.... $ 59 for a flat

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users