SigningsHotline.com Forum: April 2017 L I National - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

April 2017 L I National

#21 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:12 PM

Mrjeter,

Just confirmed Doc Medich for April 8th, probably price around $20

One for the Yankee fans

Jim

uote name='MrJeter2' timestamp='1486432889' post='17814']
Few other Yankee suggestions:

Doc Medich
Mel Hall
Danny Tartabull (havent seen him...ever!)
[/quote]

#22 User is offline   reader 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:07 PM

Thank you, have been waiting for Doc for a long time. A couple more Yankees in that same vein would be perfect.

#23 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Locationlong island new york

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:50 PM

just got Doc TTM but nice to get the bigger things this way.... sending things to people ttm worries me just sent the rubber that is missing Bobby Dorre who Jack desided it did not need to be done when he had it10 years ago but sent it to Bobby and could not be delivered @.@ scared me got on the phone to the post office and found out that nothing is deliverable other then letters .... the care giver picks up everything and takes care of it from there sheesh ...

do have a 70ies bat so can add him there BUT still looking for Hahnn Theodor Webb and several others

#24 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for adding Doc Medich to Hofstra!

#25 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:33 PM

Excited to see an infusion of Yankees presence at the Hofstra show with Doc Medich. Thanks.

A few other suggestions (some of which may be listed in the White Plains thread, so apologies if names are repeated). I've included *asterisks* for players that I think would be especially popular.

Yankees
- Gary Sheffield*
- Mike Stanton*
- David Justice* (He ended up cancelling from Hofstra recently, although I know you did reschedule him for White Plains.)
- Art Ditmar*
- Chuck Knoblauch* (Not sure what his legal status is at the moment)
- Mike Pagliarulo* (I know he cancelled from your show, perhaps he can be rescheduled for the April Hofstra show? He coaches for the Marlins and they happen to be in town that weekend)
- Luis Sojo
- Ken Griffey Sr.
- Steve Sax (lower tiered, potential freebie? hasn't done a NY show since '08)
- Matt Nokes (lower tiered, potential freebie?)
- Butch Wynegar (lower tiered, potential freebie?)

HOFers / Future HOFers
- Tony LaRussa
- Phil Niekro (Any chance of rescheduling him for one of the April shows since he had to cancel from March?)
- Vlad Guerrero

#26 User is offline   reader 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:52 PM

Jeter, I'm 100% with you for Matt Nokes and Butch Wynegar.

#27 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

View Postreader, on 09 February 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

Jeter, I'm 100% with you for Matt Nokes and Butch Wynegar.

Yeah, I was thinking about it and realized that they are the last of the "No-Hit/PG catchers" needed for my Yankees thru the years piece. And of course there's Jim Abbott :rolleyes:

#28 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:01 AM

Remember, Doc started one game for the Metsies!!!

#29 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:45 AM

Mollie has had Matt Nokes twice in the past 7 years. He is one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. Literally stops and talks with every single person, gets up for pics etc. I'd love to see Wynegar

Since we are speaking about "tier 2" guys. Why not start to get the lesser known Yankees for the past few championship years (specifically 09 and 00).im sure a lot of us have started multi signed pieces and are missing a bunch of names.

#30 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:15 AM

View PostBozman26, on 12 February 2017 - 05:45 AM, said:

Mollie has had Matt Nokes twice in the past 7 years. He is one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. Literally stops and talks with every single person, gets up for pics etc. I'd love to see Wynegar

Since we are speaking about "tier 2" guys. Why not start to get the lesser known Yankees for the past few championship years (specifically 09 and 00).im sure a lot of us have started multi signed pieces and are missing a bunch of names.

Let's be honest - Any promoter who manages to snag Rickey Ledee hits the jackpot. I've heard a lot of suggestions thru the years for Allen Watson and Denny Neagle - I don't think a promoter has managed to bring them in.

It's been a few years since Mike Stanton has surfaced! That's one I can use.

#31 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:14 PM

Ledee is the name. I agree. Mollie had Neagle scheduled last year and he bailed. She had Watson 2 years ago. He is a local guy, getting him shouldn't be an issue.

Plenty of bullpen and bench warmers from those last 2 championship teams that would be a nice fit as a free guest or a cheap option in a themed show.

#32 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:17 PM

View PostBozman26, on 12 February 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

Ledee is the name. I agree. Mollie had Neagle scheduled last year and he bailed. She had Watson 2 years ago. He is a local guy, getting him shouldn't be an issue.

Plenty of bullpen and bench warmers from those last 2 championship teams that would be a nice fit as a free guest or a cheap option in a themed show.

That's right, I forgot that she had Allen Watson. And I do remember that Neagle bailed last minute now that you mention it. Kenny Rogers is another tough name for those collecting '96 pieces, but he wasn't even in attendance at the Yankee Stadium 1996 celebration last August. Rogers is also a must for those who have Perfect Game pieces. Maybe Mollie will bring Rogers back for the Mets show, he has a special place in Mets fan's hearts 😉

On a personal note, my 1998 team bat (pictured in my SHL icon) is fortunately complete. The late Hideki Irabu and Scott Brosius were the last two names I added. And it just went up in value with Raines' HOF induction. Team pieces are always difficult to complete, especially the final name or two when it's a mediocre player that doesn't surface - like Irabu, Ledee, etc.

Im now working on a "Best Yankees thru the Years" piece, which is a lot easier given that I decide who is worthy. Obviously someone like Allen Watson won't qualify. Up to 95 names with only a few spaces to go and I have all of the big names. Looking to fill it in with lower level yet deserving players like Jim Abbott, Steve Sax, Mike Stanton, Doc Medich, Chuck Knoblauch, Mike Pagliarulo (wasn't worth the trip to the Jersey MAB show just for him with gas/tolls but I know he surfaces), etc.

#33 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:18 PM

here's a pitcher who pitched for both the mets and yankees just like doc medich..........rob gardner..how bout it jim..should be about the same price $ 20

#34 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:04 PM

ummmmm ok I must be seeing things is there actually an Hall of Fame Islander listed :blink: ..................

Now I have to find a stick ...

Jimmy is there any restrictions on sticks? asking before I go hunting for one??? let me know please asap

#35 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:32 PM

For those interested in Don Mattingly and/or Mike Pagliarulo since they cancelled from the JP's January show, perhaps they could be rescheduled for the 4/8-9 Hofstra show. The Marlins are in town this weekend, with both the Saturday and Sunday being night games. I'd imagine that it would be pretty easy to book them for an early signing around 11-12 and they can leave for Citi Field after. Easy commute from Hofstra to Queens.

#36 User is offline   stevegruber 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:24 PM

Cant make the show in person but would gladly do mail order on:

Butch Benton
Terry Blocker
Toby Borland
Ken Boswell
John Christensen
Mike Fitzgerald
Gary Gentry (I know he's impossible these days....lives not far from me in AZ in an assisted living place)
Tom Gorman
Scott Holman
Dave Liddell
Jerry Martin
Kevin McReynolds (missed him the last time)
Dale Murray
Randy Myers (I know he's difficult)
Bobby Ojeda
Alex Trevino
Frank Tavares

I could go on but those are some different names.

#37 User is offline   GetsByBuckner 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:34 AM

View Poststevegruber, on 13 February 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

Cant make the show in person but would gladly do mail order on:

Ken Boswell
Gary Gentry (I know he's impossible these days....lives not far from me in AZ in an assisted living place)

I could go on but those are some different names.

They addressed Boswell earlier...he doesn't travel, so he's out. Gentry they couldn't locate...now that we know the location, I wouldn't be betting on seeing him at a future show.

#38 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:10 PM

I need

Art Shamsky I know he is all over the place
Don Hann
George Theodore - has not been around in forever
Hank Webb - Tough
Ken Boswell - keep trying please he will not even answer mail grrr
J C, Martin - will answer mail but have big things to ne done

1 last Mays appearance and if you are doing a 1973 team he is a biggie.....

then again Molly might have him in Sep along with Seaver who will not do anything anymore

#39 User is offline   stevegruber 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:31 PM

Gentry lives in PHX. I know this but he's in rough shape from what I've heard. Three of his former teammates don't have a number for him (they told me this) and I think all are interested in getting in touch with him. I've written Gentry many times offering him money to sign some stuff and every letter comes back RTS "refused" when the address is indeed his.

#40 User is offline   stevegruber 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:35 PM

What about former Met Tommy Moore? He doesn't sign his mail and I need him on a WIZ card. I know another collector who could use him on a card as well. He may be a nice draw since he hasn't done much.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users