SigningsHotline.com Forum: April 2017 L I National - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

April 2017 L I National

#261 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Locationlong island new york

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

View Postreader, on 04 April 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

My wife used to get chemo on Wednesdays but found it left her drained for the next two days and unable to cope with life outside the house. She discussed it with her oncologist and they moved her chemo treatments to Fridays so she'd have two "lazy" days to recover and be able to go to work on Mondays. Having chemo knock you on your butt is something I fully understand.

I've also had chemo and for whatever reason it just flat out never affected me in any way at all.

\
It was explained to me as being a little tough on me because I`m a diabetic so it effects everything....

I`m sorry Jimmy I will not be able to make it... Have yelled for 3 years for my islanders and I cant get there.......... I an not happy what's so ever but there is nothing I can do

have a good show no cancelations unless they are islanders and then have them later in the fall :P

#262 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

View Postjpssports, on 06 April 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

Hello Everyone

Hope to see you all this weekend, thanks to all for good conversation and suggestions on players and most of all your support

Jim

Very much looking forward to Medich and Nokes on Sunday. Might add Davis if I could find a space on my "Yankees thru the years" piece. Thanks again for the strong lineup!

#263 User is offline   RJSJ95 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

Thanks guys for an awesome show today and all the Mets players you had!!

#264 User is offline   bobbydmetfan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:11 PM

Had a great time today meeting a bunch of Mets from my youth! They were all great.
Thanks again...........

#265 User is offline   reader 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:58 PM

I got Nokes, Medich and Kelly today. Been a long time since I had a 3 signer day. Two complaints though and the first complaint caused the second. Everybody except for Nokes, the freebie, was scheduled for an 11:30 start. All of them came down and started 45 minutes late and that ain't right. So naturally after getting your guy you go over to the Nokes line which created a line 40 minutes long. It was a cluster**** if you were waiting all that time believe me. Medich's line was decent as was Nokes of course. Surprisingly I'd have expected a lot more people for Kelly than there were. Ellis and Tepedino were dead from the jump.

#266 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:19 PM

View Postreader, on 09 April 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

I got Nokes, Medich and Kelly today. Been a long time since I had a 3 signer day. Two complaints though and the first complaint caused the second. Everybody except for Nokes, the freebie, was scheduled for an 11:30 start. All of them came down and started 45 minutes late and that ain't right. So naturally after getting your guy you go over to the Nokes line which created a line 40 minutes long. It was a cluster**** if you were waiting all that time believe me. Medich's line was decent as was Nokes of course. Surprisingly I'd have expected a lot more people for Kelly than there were. Ellis and Tepedino were dead from the jump.

Agreed on all fronts, Reader. I was just about to post virtually the same review.

I jumped on line around 11:15, hoping to quickly get Medich (scheduled for an 11:30 start time) before sliding over for the freebie Nokes (scheduled for a 12:00 start time). Four players - Ellis, Kelly, Medich, and Tepedino - were scheduled to start at 11:30. No one appeared until 12:15. No announcements were made by JP's, not a customer friendly stance to take. It was obvious that the players were all upstairs signing in the backroom.

None of the lines were terribly packed, Medich and Kelly had the biggest lines of the first batch of paid signers. Kelly was far from packed, I know he hasn't done a paid signing previously but he has surfaced in NY quite a bit for various appearances with the Yankees. Nokes was very pleasant and talkative, which made his line as the free signer move extremely slow.

Overall it was a good day. Thanks to Jim and co. for bringing in many of the elusive signers we've requested for this show. There were no all star headliners, the lineup was instead filled with elusive, lesser seen signers.

I was glad to add Medich and Nokes - it's been a while since I've added multiple signatures in one day to my Yankee piece of 96 signatures and counting. I just think that JP's should be more considerate by honoring the start time that they list. If I had important plans after the show, I would've been very upset to have to miss them because JP's sent out players 45 minutes late.

In speaking to Ryan, I'm not holding out for much hope for a future Jim Abbott appearance. Seems like he's asking for a ton of $$. :angry:

#267 User is offline   reader 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

Well said, Mr. Jeter. There should have been some announcement on JP's part as to the lateness for sure. I did forget to mention that part of the problem that compounded the Nokes line was Nokes himself. Don't get me wrong, a super nice guy, thanked everybody for coming and couldn't have been more accommodating. BUT HE WOULDN'T STOP TALKING. He was either gabbing with his handler or John Ellis next to him. And all the time he's gabbing he is not signing, period.

#268 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:40 PM

One other thought...I always enjoy browsing the floor and looking at all of the collectibles that the dealers have for sale, however, I'll never understand how the dealers able to make a profit that justifies their time/expenses.

According to JP's website, the lowest price for a single booth is $350/$400 for Hofstra/White Plains, respectively. I know that the dealers receive a discount on any autograph tickets they may wish to purchase, but when you factor in overhead expenses plus travel, hotel, and time, it seems like an awful lot of work just to break even, let alone make a significant profit.

#269 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:34 PM

I got Bossy and Nokes today. Bossy was super nice, took his time with my jersey (and 5 inscriptions). Chatted with my son and posed for a pic

This is the 3rd time I've gotten Nokes so I knew what I was in for. He is one of the nicest guys in the planet. He gave my son some hitting tips and asked for a buddy of mines cell number so he could personally call him and thank him for posting a video to his Facebook page. The 30 minute wait was worth the 5 minutes he gave me and my son.

As always great vendors and walked away with one or 2 extras

As a parent, I also want to thank the JP staff yet again for its parent friendly approach. Free cards with a chance for a free auto is great. My son always looks forward to it.

See you guys in August for Butkus.

#270 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:17 PM

I have to say how amazed I was at doc goodens line...one of the longest...and he s been around....I hope u bring him back..i can still use him on a few items

#271 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Locationlong island new york

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:20 PM

I hear this event went great and I was not there I was in the dang hospital I like 20 miles away and could not get there dang it....

thank you jimmy for bringing in the islanders will get them next time...

No cancelations that's great love to here that... did text Molly a few times Sunday everything seamed to go well

next is white plains I will be at that one if I have to do the wheel chair thing

#272 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:31 PM

View Postjpssports, on 18 March 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

Mrjeter

To be honest with you we want to bring him in with Don Mattingly and make him a free guest when Don is there. We are looking to get this done for January White Plains.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Earlier this year, you had indicated that your plan was to re-schedule Don Mattingly & Mike Pagliarulo (free signer) for the January 2018 White Plains signing. Obviously the offseason works best for their coaching schedule. Just wanted to follow up to see if this is still happening. If so, I'm looking to block the Jan 12-14 weekend off my calendar!

Please let me know, thank you.

#273 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:03 PM

View PostMrJeter2, on 15 November 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

Hi Jim,

Earlier this year, you had indicated that your plan was to re-schedule Don Mattingly & Mike Pagliarulo (free signer) for the January 2018 White Plains signing. Obviously the offseason works best for their coaching schedule. Just wanted to follow up to see if this is still happening. If so, I'm looking to block the Jan 12-14 weekend off my calendar!

Please let me know, thank you.

Any updates from JP’s??

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users