SigningsHotline.com Forum: The East Coast National - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The East Coast National

#181 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

Jim,
I visited the show Sunday...arrived at 12:40 Sunday..went to admission booth and the woman there was very nice, handing out Oglivie tickets and explaining that there was no guarantee on getting his signature as he was ending at 1 pm..when I asked about Norwood she told me he left at 1230 so no more tickets...ugh, but, all the mails said he was there until 1!!! Got in room and went to right as that is where free signers usually are..found two lines and went to the right as other people on line said that was Oglivie's line..but, there was a line for Norwood as well...moved through line and got to front about 1:00..the fellow working the lines is AWESOME...really understood the collector, and, has a lot of common sense..explained the Norwood exchange at ticket booth, and, he got me set up for Norwood...
The location of the JSA table was not good..I suppose it could be if there was one line to the right, and, signage was clear..but, it was not..so, people criss crossing from all directions...very confusing that day. Norwood and Oglivie were both friendly and signed carefully.
I was going to buy a Parcells and Renfro..went back to ticket selling area, and, another customer let us know that Parcells was gone..was going to get him based on the great pricing..hopefully he comes back with similar price...Renfro number 19 ticket...up on stage, he was a great guy, great signature on full size helmet. Looked like Major League signers had good demand...My friend got Boggs...not too busy..
Jim, pet peeve of mine...signer is scheduled for an hour, but, departs signing area after 30 minutes..then, customer needs to hunt them down..JPS always great with helping, but, it is a pain for all involved.
Saw on poster on left side with the locations for all signers..AWESOME..but, only saw this one poster..put that by the front door next time..on both sides.and, you'll bring a lot of efficiency..
Congrats on the monster show..I still encourage you to find a location in New Jersey!
Cheers

#182 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

I don't know about sunday.....but on sat. there were signs on both sides of the room..there were fliers with the same info by the ticket table

#183 User is offline   ThePilluh 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:21 PM

I think it's very rare for any promoter to have a player there the entire advertised signing time. Once the crowd is gone, they disappear.

#184 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:47 PM

[quote name='ThePilluh' timestamp='1503458483' post='20872']
I think it's very rare for any promoter to have a player there the entire advertised signing time. Once the crowd is gone, they disappear.
Agreed..rare, but, very poor customer service...just change to
"starting time" until complete-that way I know I have to be there at a time..which works unless multiple signers..or, just make a 30 minute window. Or, keep the player out, but, bring out back room stuff for him to sign while waiting for paying customers who will be paying 3-4x more than the back room sigs..
I remember the last show Earl Weaver did in NJ...he actually left early, gone from the building, before his advertised completion time..saw at least one customer miss him..bet he was even more disappointed when Weaver passed away a few months later...

#185 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:00 PM

Hi Jim,

Just wondering when the mail orders will be going out.

Thanks

#186 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:47 PM

View Postchopper31, on 24 August 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

Hi Jim,

Just wondering when the mail orders will be going out.

Thanks

Mail order started on Tuesday will be all done tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience

Jim

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users