SigningsHotline.com Forum: Thanksgiving Show - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thanksgiving Show

#1 User is offline   bobbydmetfan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:05 AM

As per the flyer at the show on Saturday, the first 3 guests for the Thanksgiving weekend show were listed.......

Lee Mazilli
L.J. Mazzilli
Dale Berra

#2 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:13 AM

Looks like the Hofstra JP's lineup is complete, so I'll offer recommendations for the November & January White Plains show here. Thanks.

Yankees:
- *Mike Pagliarulo* / Don Mattingly (Before last year's cancellations, Pagliarulo was the freebie January White Plains signer with Mattingy paid. You had indicated you were planning to reschedule this offseason for either the November or January show. I can really use Pags on a few items.)
- *Chuck Knoblauch*
- *Jim Abbott*
- *Gary Sheffield*
- *Rudy May*
- Randy Velarde
- David Justice
- Rollie Sheldon (does he travel still?)
- Art Ditmar (does he travel still?)
- Butch Wynegar
- Steve Sax
- Luis Sojo
- Phil Niekro (cancelled from your show last year)

Misc:
- *Edgar Martinez*
- *Vlad Guerrero*
- Joe Carter
- Bert Blyleven (off-season is only time due to travel)

#3 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

MrJeter2 said:

1507997584[/url]' post='21152']
Looks like the Hofstra JP's lineup is complete, so I'll offer recommendations for the November & January White Plains show here. Thanks.

Yankees:
- Don Mattingly
- David Justice

Misc:
- *Edgar Martinez*

^ I can't make this show, but would absolutely do a mail order for any or all of the above 3. Joe Carter is also on my list, but the item I need him to sign isn't really mail order friendly.

Could also use, and would mail in for:

* Rocket Ismail
* Craig Morton
* Roger Clemens

#4 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Locationlong island new york

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

Andre Reed removed from site for Hofstra dang it

#5 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

now Thomas has canceled .....

#6 User is offline   reader 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:40 AM

Anybody going to Hofstra this weekend?

#7 User is offline   bobbydmetfan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

View Postreader, on 19 October 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

Anybody going to Hofstra this weekend?

Yes, I'm going both days.

#8 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

I am for Carlton Sutter and Perry 2 each

#9 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

View Postbrilis2016, on 21 October 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

I am for Carlton Sutter and Perry 2 each

Brillis, glad to see you are feeling strong enough to get out there...not going myself, but a bit annoyed anyway that Carlton no longer has inscription included...
enjoy

#10 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

JPs - thanks again for having Mike Stanton as the free signer today. Was thrilled to get Mike on 6 different items. His line was extremely long, it seems as if he lured a lot of Yankee fans to the show. (Always helps to have a free Yankee signer to attract more collectors to attend).

Hope to see more great names at the upcoming November and January White Plains Show. For those wondering, there were no new names listed on the show flyers besides the already announced LJ & Lee Mazzilli and Dale Berra.

Is Mike Pagliarulo official for the free signer at the November or January White Plains show? I know your plan was to reschedule him and Mattingly after their cancellation a year ago.

Many thanks...and go Yankees!

#11 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

View Postgzman, on 21 October 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

Brillis, glad to see you are feeling strong enough to get out there...not going myself, but a bit annoyed anyway that Carlton no longer has inscription included...
enjoy

ya going to do it .. I need to get out and about plus I'm only 20 miles away

#12 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:51 PM

what to say about today hummmmmm

ok lets do it this way

A+ Steve Carlton he was great remembered mom with the bear very friendly thanked us for coming mom mentioned willie Mays and Carlton said things I cant repeat here..... but he looked rough get him while you can ....

Bruce Sutter no line no wait actually this was true for Steve also ... Bruce stood up said hi signed the bat very very small but he looked good...

B Gaylord Perry he was very friendly posed for pic`s even with thee bear but issue was with him personally but he came out 45 minutes late.... plus he looked bad lost a lot of weight since I saw him last... Reader do you remember Billy Herman when he was on his last shows that's what Mr. Perry looked like.... just a shame

F- if someone is posted to sign from 12-1 that means if you arrive at 12:15 your fine WRONG! Jim Kelly was gone by the time we got there... we thought he was late like Perry but no GONE!!! there is no excuse for this one guy said he had to catch a flight ok we know flights are done well in advance hate when the ticket seller has to lie to people this is after he sold some auto tickets to people .....nothing was ever changed on the site as buyers how do we fix this? Do we have to arrive 5 hours early? Honestly how do we fix this problem?

other then that the event went smooth good amount of people venders were selling I found the 4 pocket pages I needed and white boxes have to add Jeff Burroughs was a freebie and was in a good mood and friendly added mvp to the rubber .......

I did see silverback toward the end of the event for us while getting coa`s he said he would of brought us up to get Kelly and that he left as 12:30 we did not know and was not directed to the back room so no auto football and no photo with.....

over all had and good time and thank you jimmy for bringing in the 3 pitchers I needed on 2 bats

#13 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:40 PM

Yankee wish list for november or january

Orlando el duque hernandez
David Wells
Tommy John
Mike Mussina
Gary Sheffield
Horace Clark
Nick Swisher
Gary Sanchez
Aaron Judge
Luis Severino
David Robertson
Cc Sabathia
Mickey Rivers
Jeff Nelson
A rod

Baseball Hall of Famers

Bert Blyleven
Bobby Cox
Bill Mazeroski
Joe Torre
Pat Gillick
Hank Aaron
Sandy Koufax
George Brett

#14 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:31 PM

[quote name='brilis2016' timestamp='1508709080' post='21183']

ok lets do it this way

A+ Steve Carlton he was great remembered mom with the bear very friendly thanked us for coming mom mentioned willie Mays and Carlton said things I cant repeat here..... but he looked rough get him while you can ....

Bruce Sutter no line no wait actually this was true for Steve also ... Bruce stood up said hi signed the bat very very small but he looked good...

B Gaylord Perry he was very friendly posed for pic`s even with thee bear but issue was with him personally but he came out 45 minutes late.... plus he looked bad lost a lot of weight since I saw him last... Reader do you remember Billy Herman when he was on his last shows that's what Mr. Perry looked like.... just a shame

F- if someone is posted to sign from 12-1 that means if you arrive at 12:15 your fine WRONG! Jim Kelly was gone by the time we got there... we thought he was late like Perry but no GONE!!! there is no excuse for this one guy said he had to catch a flight ok we know flights are done well in advance hate when the ticket seller has to lie to people this is after he sold some auto tickets to people .....nothing was ever changed on the site as buyers how do we fix this? Do we have to arrive 5 hours early? Honestly how do we fix this problem?

other then that the event went smooth good amount of people venders were selling I found the 4 pocket pages I needed and white boxes have to add Jeff Burroughs was a freebie and was in a good mood and friendly added mvp to the rubber .......

I did see silverback toward the end of the event for us while getting coa`s he said he would of brought us up to get Kelly and that he left as 12:30 we did not know and was not directed to the back room so no auto football and no photo with.....

over all had and good time and thank you jimmy for bringing in the 3 pitchers I needed on 2 bats
Thanks, Brillis...all of our childhood heroes are aging...read Davey Lopes is 72-...how could that be??

#15 User is offline   silverbacksports2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:32 AM

View Postbrilis2016, on 22 October 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

ok lets do it this way

#16 User is offline   silverbacksports2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:32 AM

View Postbrilis2016, on 22 October 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

ok lets do it this way

My real name is Ryan. Lol

#17 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:00 AM

View Postsilverbacksports2, on 23 October 2017 - 06:32 AM, said:

My real name is Ryan. Lol

Well, if you aren't gonna go by "Silverback", do you mind if I do ?

#18 User is offline   reader 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

I wasn't going to this show because there just wasn't anybody I needed signing. On Sunday I went to Holy Rood Cemetery to pay respects to my wife and father and found myself thinking about the show on the southern Meadowbrook Parkway so I got off and went. One thing you can't take away from JP's is the dealer tables, they are top shelf. I applaud you on the quality of the dealers you get. You can drop some serious coin with these guys be it cards or other. One thing I found curious was when I was passing the signing area I asked if anybody wanted my free Jeff Burroughs ticket and the looks I got you'd have thought I just spit in their soup. For all the whining and moaning that goes on about player prices here's a case of not being able to give away a freebie, very strange indeed.

PS- Excuse me, either JP or Ryan, but Dave Righetti was just fired by the San Francisco Giants. Please go get him for April Hofstra. NOT WESTCHESTER, HOFSTRA. Thanks.

#19 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:12 AM

Reader, it is very nice to read a kindly worded post from you...like your experience with Burroughs, I had a similar experience with Charboneau in White Plains...we arrrived about an hour after he was scheduled to start, and, no line at all...my buddy and I used our tickets, but, there didn't seem to be anyone who would have taken it...MVP, ROY...these are solid guests...thanks, JP.
I was just thinking about the lack of theme shows..closest there are these days are a WS show like the Cubs, or, a few HOFers together. About 5/6 years ago, MAB put together a large number of CY Young winners in Fairfield..that was fun...Why can't MAB and JPs work together to theme an event? Only them left is Yankees in Jan, or, 86 Mets every 5 years so so...

#20 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:35 AM

to answer ur question reader...u cant use a 2 nd free ticket...the ticket collector will notice it and not allow u to use it...the free ticket is a different shade.if u want 2 items signed buy an extra ticket

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users