SigningsHotline.com Forum: Thanksgiving Show - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thanksgiving Show

#21 User is offline   reader 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

[quote name='answerman' timestamp='1508855753' post='21196']
to answer ur question reader...

I didn't ask a question so there's nothing to answer, man.

#22 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Locationlong island new york

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

1969 Mets in 2 years 50 anny Seaver maybe

#23 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:56 PM

Ugh man i would die for a Tom Seaver signing, I was too young back in to the day to have the pleasure to see tom terrific. If anybody could bring in Seaver I'd preorder the 1st ticket

#24 User is offline   silverbacksports2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:10 AM

View Post85yanks, on 24 October 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

It's been a while since I've been to a JPRS show but unless something has changed, the above is incorrect. When I used to attend these shows, I would gladly take the freebie ticket from people that didn't want them while I was waiting on line. I think I once used four tickets for a guest. I used 2 tickets too many times to count. It happened so often that I would always take extra cards of whoever the free guest was just to have on me.

Thx for the heads up.

#25 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:33 AM

I have only seen the handler enforcing one per...I will just purchase extra, which includes and inscription, and have them sign...

#26 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:48 PM

View Postanswerman, on 24 October 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

to answer ur question reader...u cant use a 2 nd free ticket...the ticket collector will notice it and not allow u to use it...the free ticket is a different shade.if u want 2 items signed buy an extra ticket

I’ve never seen this enforced (nor should it be) and don’t think this is accurate information. I’ve been going to JP’s shows yearly dating back to the Gloria Rothstein days. Going with a group of friends whom all paid admission, it’s not uncommon for one person to wait on the legthy freebie line as the others search the dealer booths. Moreover, if autograph times overlap, it could be challenging to wait for over an hour for the free signer and get other paid signers at the same time. JPs gets it and is very customer friendly and I question the accuracy of the original post.

Furthermore, to discredit the original post further, the free and paid tickets are all the same white color. The biggest difference is the paid tickets are numbered and the free tickets are not. If someone went to the front of the line with an excessive number of free tickets just for themselves then that’s maybe a different story.

Let’s not make an issue of something that isn’t.

#27 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:57 PM

Switching topics, I’m eager to see the guest list for the Thanksgiving weekend show. I know that this show tends to be relatively small with autograph signers due to the holiday, but for both the November show and the January show, it would be great if JP’s could attract some of those tougher signers who are not readily available during the baseball season.

Some suggestions include:
- Edgar Martinez (coaching responsibilities during season)
- Mike Pagliarulo (coaching responsibilities during season)
- Don Mattingly (coaching responsibilities during season - don’t personally need him but I know the plan was to reschedule him following last year’s cancellation)
- Bert Blyleven (announcing responsibilities during season, has never done a signing outside of Cooperstown since his HOF induction)
- Fernando Valenzuela (announcing responsibilities during season, never see him east coast)
- Current Yankees/Mets ?

#28 User is offline   SKVU 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:23 PM

View PostMrJeter2, on 25 October 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

Switching topics, I’m eager to see the guest list for the Thanksgiving weekend show. I know that this show tends to be relatively small with autograph signers due to the holiday, but for both the November show and the January show, it would be great if JP’s could attract some of those tougher signers who are not readily available during the baseball season.

Some suggestions include:
- Edgar Martinez (coaching responsibilities during season)
- Mike Pagliarulo (coaching responsibilities during season)
- Don Mattingly (coaching responsibilities during season - don’t personally need him but I know the plan was to reschedule him following last year’s cancellation)
- Bert Blyleven (announcing responsibilities during season, has never done a signing outside of Cooperstown since his HOF induction)
- Fernando Valenzuela (announcing responsibilities during season, never see him east coast)
- Current Yankees/Mets ?

Fernando would be awesome. Don't see it happening, but would love it if it DID happen.

#29 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

View PostSKVU, on 25 October 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

Fernando would be awesome. Don't see it happening, but would love it if it DID happen.

Billy Sample free Saturday guest...finally!

#30 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:31 PM

JPs..any other updates for the November (or January) Show? When should we expect to see an autograph guest list finalized by?

#31 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

View PostMrJeter2, on 31 October 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

JPs..any other updates for the November (or January) Show? When should we expect to see an autograph guest list finalized by?

Mrjeter

Just added Wesley Walker on Saturday, we are waiting on some more responses should have them in a few days hopefully

#32 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:04 PM

Any shot at Steve Young?

#33 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:24 PM

hey brills...haven't u noticed all the guests announced so far are local

#34 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:23 PM

View Postanswerman, on 04 November 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

hey brills...haven't u noticed all the guests announced so far are local

Which makes sense given that it’s over the holiday weekend. This show is traditionally smaller compared to others.

JP’s - what’s the plan with Mike Pagliarulo? After last year’s cancellation, you indicated the plan was to bring him in for the free signer for either the November or January White Plains Show. Haven’t heard any updates since - Is that still your plan? Thanks.

#35 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:51 PM

ya but ya never know plus asking for Blyleven who lives in Florida is not exactly local nor is Fernando

#36 User is offline   reader 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:39 AM

I've noticed the Sunday half of the show needs filling out. Why don't you inquire about the cost of some current NY Giants? I've watched what they usually do on Sundays and they don't seem to be doing anything at all.

#37 User is offline   GetsByBuckner 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:07 PM

View Postjpssports, on 01 November 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

Mrjeter

Just added Wesley Walker on Saturday, we are waiting on some more responses should have them in a few days hopefully

Since you've gotten some Jets coming to Hofstra already, would it be possible to get:

Mark Gastineau (always a favorite)
Pat Leahy (long time kicker and another fan favorite)
Marvin Powell (one of the most underrated Jets of all time)
Nick Mangold (this one might be tough...not sure if he's still looking for a team to sign with, but he's one of the greatest Jets of all time and I'd love to see him at a show)

#38 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:38 AM

Willie Randolph added.

I think it was about 10 years ago (Jan 2008 or 2009?) when JP’s had the great Yankees infield of the 70s - Chambliss Dent Randolph Nettles. That was one of the first ever shows that there was no limitation on what Willie would sign. For whatever reason, he was a strict no equipment prior to that appearance. How times have changed.

#39 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:30 PM

how bout locals larry milbourne
steve balboni
don money
all live in nj

#40 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:19 PM

Balboni is an advance scout working for the Giants..it is amazing he has not been to a show in the northeast..MAB and JPs never invited?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users