SigningsHotline.com Forum: jan. show - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

jan. show

#21 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

I'd def be in on Rocket for sure. I hope Rocket will be on the same day as the Mets

#22 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:11 PM

MAB has a lot of signers listed for this show...the show is big, really big...hopefully weather complies...

#23 User is offline   85yanks 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:18 PM

View Postgzman, on 05 December 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

MAB has a lot of signers listed for this show...the show is big, really big...hopefully weather complies...

Most of the prices MAB has listed are ridiculous. That's nothing new for MAB. I don't attend shows that are overly saturated with MAB supplied guests anymore. I think its pathetic that other promoters are unable to book their own guests. People complain about Steiner. But I think MAB has had a bigger hand in ruining this hobby than any other promoter. They hike prices every few appearances for the same guests. I can't wait for the day they go out of business.

I didn't even have to scroll past the first guest to see how bad it was - Rod Carew was in Cooperstown with MAB this year. That was after heart/kidney transplant. Pricing during Hall of Fame Weekend was:

Flats up to 11×14 & Balls: $69
Oversized flats $89
Caps & Equip: $89
Bats: $150
Jerseys: $199

The pricing for Carew for this upcoming show:

Flats & Balls: $99
Caps & Equip: $149
Bats: $179
Jerseys: $229

Flats up to 11x14 and balls increased $30. Caps & Equip increased $60! Bats increased $29, Jerseys increased $30

#24 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:51 PM

Seems like JPs are nearly exclusive with MAB...

#25 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:06 PM

WOW, just checked the prices..WOW...really crazy prices up and down...Piazza flats drifted down, but, 79 for Largent on a full size? Really, check out other shows for what he was at...wonder how much risk JPs is taking on now...the big price guests in January...look for back room product to hit the market..Keith Hernandez at $49 plus $20 for an inscription? Did I miss him getting inducted into the HOF? generally shocking...yeah, MAB doesn't come cheaply, do they?

#26 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:02 AM

Hello Everyone,

Okay lets everyone calm down. We do not have prices posted on our site yet. Prices will be looked at before they are posted on our site. MAB updated there site with players and prices they may have used in the past at other shows. We always try to work the best prices for the customer. We always review prices with MAB before they go up on our site. As far as working with MAB they have the most exclusive players of anyone out there and yes we work hand in hand and well with them for there exclusive players and connections to players

The comments of wishing someone going out of business is not cool here, thats like saying you wish a person to loose there job. No one wants anyone to go out of business or loose there job, all that does is effect everyone and there families etc... If you choose to not support the company thats okay but don't wish bad on a person or company. As far as prices on players, prices have gone up instead of down for multile reasons, player don't want to do this anymore, player getting older, etc.... We have gone back to the same players we have used in the past and a lot of time they have raised there price. It's a challange every day.

There will be more players added to the show, we have more calls and offers out there.

Please look for prices and web updates later today

Thanks
Jim

#27 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for the reply Jimmy...I just find it ironic that MAB has chosen to get out of promoting their own shows except for the Yankee event, yet, they post prices for guests that are at someone else's show...before finding out what they will be...

#28 User is offline   queenofgraphs 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:19 AM

View Postgzman, on 06 December 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

Thanks for the reply Jimmy...I just find it ironic that MAB has chosen to get out of promoting their own shows except for the Yankee event, yet, they post prices for guests that are at someone else's show...before finding out what they will be...

Hello All,

Thank you Jimmy for the kind words. As for gzman and 85Yanks, let me explain some things to let you better understand our pricing structure.

First 85Yanks, really, you hope we go out of business? Is that really a cool thing to say because you don't like someone's prices on a particular player. I don't read this board at all, when at one time I was a very vigilant reader and supporter of this board. The unfortunate thing about it is some people take a forum and think it's the chance to just tear into people, because they can hide behind words. That's why I stopped posting on the boards and asked Howard to take away any threads that we were the headline of. We really are too busy to get caught up in it. The unfortunate part of it is I came on the board last night to see if anyone posted any Yankee suggestions cause I'm always looking to bring in names people want. And I saw the negativity, so I needed to come on and express myself.

Let's talk about what you said Guzman, about we posted prices on guests that are at someone else's show; let's first clear up some things. Any of the players that are on our site, we are responsible for their appearance, so it's commonplace to put them up on our site first. Truly, there are alot of moving parts here in the office and what happens is, I confirm the player, talk to Jimmy about it or whoever the promoter is, and someone in my office sets the pricing and sends it to Jimmy. I then discuss with Jimmy the pricing and we always come to an agreement that is in the best interest of THE CUSTOMERS!!!
In my staff's diligence to get everything done, since we are a month away and are booking two shows within two weeks of each other, and big shows at that, they posted the pricing without Jimmy and I talking. It was a mistake and it will be changed.
That being said, let's talk about why Rod Carew was cheaper in Cooperstown and at the recent Chicago show he was $99. And again, I'm not defending myself, I'm kind of giving you guys a look into the industry. He was $69 because I had zero expenses and I wanted you all to benefit from that. He was there for the Hall of Fame. It was an MAB show, so no 20 percent to any promoter. And yes, it's 20 percent to some and less for others. The reason why the prices are cheaper at JP's shows on players that are brought in by MAB is also because Jimmy is willing to work with me on commission, and I don't have any expenses for my staff as we all live in the area. So, that's why there was such a difference in Carew's pricing. But Rod Carew doesn't come cheap at all. That being said, I am very mindful of keeping the prices as best as I can, but sometimes there's nothing I can do.

And to say that we are directly responsible for ruining the hobby; really? 2017 is the best year this hobby has had in years. There's a resurgence in the card business, their seems to be many new collectors coming to shows, so not sure why that needed to be said. Perhaps you're just a hater.

Lastly, I will talk about why MAB chooses to bring players to other promoters shows and not promote their shows themselves.

I like promoting my own events. The truth of the matter is, I like creating the themed ideas and the different planning of the events, i.e. Iowa and Saratoga and Cooperstown. What we are doing takes up alot of time and alot of planning.

I used to do eight shows a year in New Jersey. I've been blessed with other promoters thinking enough of us to ask that we bring players to their shows. We like going to different areas of the country, so that's what we are doing. There was too many shows in New Jersey and I wanted to change it up. We are planning on doing more next year in Jersey, but with different components attached, not just autographs.

That being said, we love what we do, and are looking very forward to 2018.

Happy Collecting,

MAB

#29 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

Thanks, Mollie for coming here and responding...it is appreciated. Hopefully, pricing is set today and plans for good weather and the shows in January can be made.
Cheers,
gz

#30 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

Just wanna say THANKS to whomever is responsible for bringing in Rocket Ismail.

I've been waiting on that one for a while, and getting someone off my Top 10 list in January, is a heck of a way to start off 2018 !

#31 User is offline   queenofgraphs 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:05 PM

View Postgzman, on 06 December 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

Thanks, Mollie for coming here and responding...it is appreciated. Hopefully, pricing is set today and plans for good weather and the shows in January can be made.
Cheers,
gz

Hey Chopper,

We have signed Rocket to a multiple show deal, so I think he's a new fresh name on the East Coast anyway. When I say new, I mean not in a while. Hasn't really done the show circuit. Thanks again.

#32 User is offline   silverbacksports2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:37 PM

View Postqueenofgraphs, on 06 December 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

Hello All,

Thank you Jimmy for the kind words. As for gzman and 85Yanks, let me explain some things to let you better understand our pricing structure.

First 85Yanks, really, you hope we go out of business? Is that really a cool thing to say because you don't like someone's prices on a particular player. I don't read this board at all, when at one time I was a very vigilant reader and supporter of this board. The unfortunate thing about it is some people take a forum and think it's the chance to just tear into people, because they can hide behind words. That's why I stopped posting on the boards and asked Howard to take away any threads that we were the headline of. We really are too busy to get caught up in it. The unfortunate part of it is I came on the board last night to see if anyone posted any Yankee suggestions cause I'm always looking to bring in names people want. And I saw the negativity, so I needed to come on and express myself.

Let's talk about what you said Guzman, about we posted prices on guests that are at someone else's show; let's first clear up some things. Any of the players that are on our site, we are responsible for their appearance, so it's commonplace to put them up on our site first. Truly, there are alot of moving parts here in the office and what happens is, I confirm the player, talk to Jimmy about it or whoever the promoter is, and someone in my office sets the pricing and sends it to Jimmy. I then discuss with Jimmy the pricing and we always come to an agreement that is in the best interest of THE CUSTOMERS!!!
In my staff's diligence to get everything done, since we are a month away and are booking two shows within two weeks of each other, and big shows at that, they posted the pricing without Jimmy and I talking. It was a mistake and it will be changed.
That being said, let's talk about why Rod Carew was cheaper in Cooperstown and at the recent Chicago show he was $99. And again, I'm not defending myself, I'm kind of giving you guys a look into the industry. He was $69 because I had zero expenses and I wanted you all to benefit from that. He was there for the Hall of Fame. It was an MAB show, so no 20 percent to any promoter. And yes, it's 20 percent to some and less for others. The reason why the prices are cheaper at JP's shows on players that are brought in by MAB is also because Jimmy is willing to work with me on commission, and I don't have any expenses for my staff as we all live in the area. So, that's why there was such a difference in Carew's pricing. But Rod Carew doesn't come cheap at all. That being said, I am very mindful of keeping the prices as best as I can, but sometimes there's nothing I can do.

And to say that we are directly responsible for ruining the hobby; really? 2017 is the best year this hobby has had in years. There's a resurgence in the card business, their seems to be many new collectors coming to shows, so not sure why that needed to be said. Perhaps you're just a hater.

Lastly, I will talk about why MAB chooses to bring players to other promoters shows and not promote their shows themselves.

I like promoting my own events. The truth of the matter is, I like creating the themed ideas and the different planning of the events, i.e. Iowa and Saratoga and Cooperstown. What we are doing takes up alot of time and alot of planning.

I used to do eight shows a year in New Jersey. I've been blessed with other promoters thinking enough of us to ask that we bring players to their shows. We like going to different areas of the country, so that's what we are doing. There was too many shows in New Jersey and I wanted to change it up. We are planning on doing more next year in Jersey, but with different components attached, not just autographs.

That being said, we love what we do, and are looking very forward to 2018.

Happy Collecting,

MAB

NICE!!! Crickets

#33 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

Thanks to Jim & Mollie for the insightful responses.

Mollie, I'm curious what you mean when you say, "We are planning on doing more next year in Jersey, but with different components attached, not just autographs." Any hints to what's on tap?

As for Yankee suggestions and just baseball suggestions in general, I re-attached my list of requests. Asterisks for players I'd especially like to see. Thanks for the consideration.

Yankees:
- *Mike Pagliarulo* / Don Mattingly (Jim, before last year's cancellations, Pagliarulo was supposed to be the freebie January White Plains signer with Mattingy paid. Jim, you had indicated JPs was planning to reschedule this offseason for the January show. Any updates? I can really use Pags on a few items.)
- *Chuck Knoblauch*
- *Jim Abbott*
- *Gary Sheffield*
- *Rudy May*
- Randy Velarde
- David Justice
- Rollie Sheldon (does he travel still?)
- Art Ditmar (does he travel still?)
- Butch Wynegar
- Steve Sax
- Luis Sojo
- Phil Niekro (cancelled from last year)
- Kevin Maas

Misc:
- *Edgar Martinez*
- *Vlad Guerrero*
- Joe Carter
- Bert Blyleven (off-season is only time due to travel)
- Jim Edmonds
- Jeff Bagwell

#34 User is offline   bonafyde 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

Mollie,

I am one who would like to say THANK YOU as most of my collection and favorite moments in collecting is directly related to MAB shows over the years.

As for suggestions for the Yankee show: The "8" theme is great if you can bring 98 WS MVP Scott Brosius. Also, Chuck Knoblauch and a 1998 WS reunion.

If you have checked the board you will see that I'm not alone in these requests.

Good luck and thanks again.

#35 User is offline   barris 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:44 AM

well said Mollie

#36 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:20 AM

Mollie

Always great to hear your honest and insightful views on the hobby and the shows you are promoting.

Hope to see you back here more often.

A thread for your Yankee show was started a few weeks ago with a bunch of requests.

#37 User is offline   brent 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:07 AM

View Postjpssports, on 06 December 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Hello Everyone,

Okay lets everyone calm down. We do not have prices posted on our site yet. Prices will be looked at before they are posted on our site. MAB updated there site with players and prices they may have used in the past at other shows. We always try to work the best prices for the customer. We always review prices with MAB before they go up on our site. As far as working with MAB they have the most exclusive players of anyone out there and yes we work hand in hand and well with them for there exclusive players and connections to players

The comments of wishing someone going out of business is not cool here, thats like saying you wish a person to loose there job. No one wants anyone to go out of business or loose there job, all that does is effect everyone and there families etc... If you choose to not support the company thats okay but don't wish bad on a person or company. As far as prices on players, prices have gone up instead of down for multile reasons, player don't want to do this anymore, player getting older, etc.... We have gone back to the same players we have used in the past and a lot of time they have raised there price. It's a challange every day.

There will be more players added to the show, we have more calls and offers out there.

Please look for prices and web updates later today

Thanks
Jim

#38 User is offline   brent 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:09 AM

On the MAB website it shows that Dan Dierdorf is going to be there in January is he fully confirmed and will he be listed on the website soon? Thank you

#39 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:35 PM

Jim,

The January JPs guest list looks solid. Very Mets heavy, but with the exception of Tom Seaver, many of the best living Mets will be there (Piazza, Keith, Gooden, Strawberry, etc)

How many more players are you planning to add? Any Yankees in the works? What are the chances of Don Mattingly, and more to my collecting needs, Mike Pagliarulo? I know your plan was to reschedule them for this January 2018 Show following last year’s cancellation.

Thank you!

#40 User is offline   jayhawk90 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:06 PM

Love to see Knoblauch. The mention of Melido Perez was also intriguing. Now that Beltran is retired, maybe someone can coax him out too.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users