SigningsHotline.com Forum: GTSM April 2018 - Edison, NJ - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GTSM April 2018 - Edison, NJ

#1 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:54 PM

So I'd say we are close enough to this show, to begin discussing it. The show is getting moved to a bigger venue in Edison, so we'll see how that changes things. I gotta say, it was nice having the Doubletree Hotel connected to the old venue, so I'm already not completely thrilled with the change.

Of the guests listed so far, I have interest in the following:

* Charles Woodson (gotta bite the bullet on this one, as I think the price will probably go up once he's in the HOF)

* Drew Brees (same as above)

* Tim Brown

* Ray Lewis (probably just a photo op, as I can't see myself paying $195 for that autograph)

I'm hoping the following get added:
* Cam Newton
* Khalil Mack
* Craig Morton
* Mike Rozier
* Eric Dickerson
* Doug Flutie

#2 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

I’m in for Lewis as well. Might get Jerry Rice this year too

My wish list

Cam Newton
Russel Wilson
Larry Fitzgerald
Derrick Brooks
J.J. Watt

#3 User is offline   ThePilluh 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

It will be more interesting to see who they actually book for the show as all the listings still say " Pictured guests may not be confirmed but probable." on their own website!! That's an awful thin line on both sides of advertising.

#4 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:43 PM

Rocket Ismail added

#5 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

So far im loving the lineup for this show. Trying to pick which show Chantilly or this one and so far this one is winning for me with Manti Teo, Rocket Ismaiel and Dave Casper.

#6 User is offline   LionsLaw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:38 PM

Some nice additions recently, including:

DeAndre Hopkins

Myles Jack

Brian Urlacher

Darrius Guice

#7 User is offline   KingChuck 

• Rookie
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:50 PM

I have never been to one of these and only just found out about them as there is one in Houston in April. I was wondering since it is my first time how far in advance should I buy the tickets for the signings because I have been hearing a lot about people canceling and where should I buy them. Also is it really $195 for every signing on a helmet? (I like the helmet signings). There is a Terry Bradshaw signing that I would like and also a Micheal Irving, Emmit Smith, and Troy Aikman that says $195 for triplet item. Is the triplet Item all three of those cowboys players on one helmet? And are the helmets supplied or do I bring my own? Also do I have to buy the weekend pass AND the signing tickets. Usually the signings I go to are free of like 30$ tickets thats why I'm a little confused. If someone could help me out that would be great. Thanks!

#8 User is offline   steelerfan1968 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:20 PM

It's $195 Just for Michael Irvin on any item you want with Emmitt Smith and Troy Aikman. Alot of people get those 3 on items because they are HOF'ers that played together & won Championships. Maybe try to get Irvin to sign the helmet First so you dont have to pay the extra $45.00.
You have to buy your own items and you have to pay admission to get into the signings. I have never been to a GTSM show, I hear both Good and Bad things about them. keep looking at this board I'm sure other members will be able to help you out.

#9 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:50 AM

KingChuck said:

1517539813[/url]' post='21770']
I have never been to one of these and only just found out about them as there is one in Houston in April. I was wondering since it is my first time how far in advance should I buy the tickets for the signings because I have been hearing a lot about people canceling and where should I buy them. Also is it really $195 for every signing on a helmet? (I like the helmet signings). There is a Terry Bradshaw signing that I would like and also a Micheal Irving, Emmit Smith, and Troy Aikman that says $195 for triplet item. Is the triplet Item all three of those cowboys players on one helmet? And are the helmets supplied or do I bring my own? Also do I have to buy the weekend pass AND the signing tickets. Usually the signings I go to are free of like 30$ tickets thats why I'm a little confused. If someone could help me out that would be great. Thanks!

Welcome to the board. For starters, I should just mention that the 4 signers you are interested in are some of the most expensive in the hobby, so the prices to get their autographs is going to be very high.

A few important notes:

* Yes, you will need to get admission tickets, and in your case a weekend pass, since those 4 guys are spread out between Sat & Sun. If they were all on the same day, you could get just a day pass at $10, but unfortunately they are not. If you are a gold deluxe SHL member, then you can apply your 5% discount towards admission tickets if you wish, That’s another post on how to do that, I explained it in detail last year, so will find it and repost.

* Definitely buy tickets in advance, so you don’t have to wait in an extremely long line at the show, but not too early. I recommend about 2 weeks in advance. They will usually cut off advance ticket sales about 1 week before the event.

* There are different prices for signatures on a mini helmet and full size helmet (full sizes are more expensive). Look at each player’s pricing page in detail to see the exact prices. These prices do NOT include the helmet or other item being signed, you either need to bring that yourself or buy one from a vendor at the show. I highly recommend brining the item(s) with you.

* Inscriptions are extra (but optional) for all 4 of those signers. See pricing pages for exact prices on Inscriptions. An inscription is anything they write beyond the autograph (such as HOF, other careeer accomplishments, personalization, etc). Inscription pricing is also PER inscription, so if you wanted more than one from a player, that is what you are going to pay per inscription.

* There are no package deals available for Aikman, Smith & Irvin that is an extra $45 charge for Irvin to sign an item that already has Smith and Aikman’s autograph on it. As steelerfan mentioned above, it won’t apply if your item is not already signed by either Smith or Aikman. Thankfully, Irvin is scheduled to sign before the other 2 at the Houston show, so you should not get whacked with that extra $45 fee, if you walk in with an unsigned item.

* If you want JSA Authentication for your autographs, it will be an extra $10 per signature (so $40 extra if you get all 4 guys).

* Troy’s pricing is not released yet, aside from Inscriptions at $125, so chances are his autograph pricing is gonna be at least $175 on a mini and $185 on a full size helmet.

Overall, to get all 4 at the Houston show, you probably are looking at between $700 and $1500 total. The $700 would be if you are looking for just autographs (no Inscriptions) on mini helmets, and approximately up to $1500 if you are looking for autographs with 1 inscription each on full size helmets. Those figures do not include admission, JSA Authentication or the cost of your helmets to be signed, and are approximations since Aikman’s pricing is not fully released yet.
'
Side Note: Aikman and Bradshaw have reputations of being very standoffish with fans. Don’t expect to get a handshake or even acknowledgment from either, or you may end up being disappointed. Go in with low expectations, and just maybe you’ll get lucky and they will surprise you. I would not expect to get a free photo at the signing table with any of the 4 of them either, so if you want photos with them, you should probably look at the photo op pricing for them as well.

#10 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:34 AM

Another note for you KingChuck...the Cowboys players are often signing at shows in Houston, so I would not view this as a rare opportunity to get their autographs, by any means. You can get maybe one or two at this show, and get the others at some future Houston show in the coming years. There are at least 2 shows in Houston each year, between GTSM and Tristar.

If you are going to have to prioritize, putting Bradshaw at the top would be a no brainer. Irvin would be a good second choice, so you don’t get whacked with the “triplets” upcharge in the future.

#11 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:32 AM

Choppers points are spot on. I’ll only add one other point, If you intend to cut your budget and would prefer to only get one Cowboy, make it Aikman. He has become less and less available with regards to public autograph appearances.

#12 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

Here is the link to my post from last year, which explains how to utilize your SHL Gold Deluxe Discount at GTSM shows:

http://forum.signing...dpost__p__19309

#13 User is offline   KingChuck 

• Rookie
  • Pip

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:37 AM

View Postchopper31, on 02 February 2018 - 06:50 AM, said:

Welcome to the board. For starters, I should just mention that the 4 signers you are interested in are some of the most expensive in the hobby, so the prices to get their autographs is going to be very high.

A few important notes:

* Yes, you will need to get admission tickets, and in your case a weekend pass, since those 4 guys are spread out between Sat & Sun. If they were all on the same day, you could get just a day pass at $10, but unfortunately they are not. If you are a gold deluxe SHL member, then you can apply your 5% discount towards admission tickets if you wish, That’s another post on how to do that, I explained it in detail last year, so will find it and repost.

* Definitely buy tickets in advance, so you don’t have to wait in an extremely long line at the show, but not too early. I recommend about 2 weeks in advance. They will usually cut off advance ticket sales about 1 week before the event.

* There are different prices for signatures on a mini helmet and full size helmet (full sizes are more expensive). Look at each player’s pricing page in detail to see the exact prices. These prices do NOT include the helmet or other item being signed, you either need to bring that yourself or buy one from a vendor at the show. I highly recommend brining the item(s) with you.

* Inscriptions are extra (but optional) for all 4 of those signers. See pricing pages for exact prices on Inscriptions. An inscription is anything they write beyond the autograph (such as HOF, other careeer accomplishments, personalization, etc). Inscription pricing is also PER inscription, so if you wanted more than one from a player, that is what you are going to pay per inscription.

* There are no package deals available for Aikman, Smith & Irvin that is an extra $45 charge for Irvin to sign an item that already has Smith and Aikman’s autograph on it. As steelerfan mentioned above, it won’t apply if your item is not already signed by either Smith or Aikman. Thankfully, Irvin is scheduled to sign before the other 2 at the Houston show, so you should not get whacked with that extra $45 fee, if you walk in with an unsigned item.

* If you want JSA Authentication for your autographs, it will be an extra $10 per signature (so $40 extra if you get all 4 guys).

* Troy’s pricing is not released yet, aside from Inscriptions at $125, so chances are his autograph pricing is gonna be at least $175 on a mini and $185 on a full size helmet.

Overall, to get all 4 at the Houston show, you probably are looking at between $700 and $1500 total. The $700 would be if you are looking for just autographs (no Inscriptions) on mini helmets, and approximately up to $1500 if you are looking for autographs with 1 inscription each on full size helmets. Those figures do not include admission, JSA Authentication or the cost of your helmets to be signed, and are approximations since Aikman’s pricing is not fully released yet.
'
Side Note: Aikman and Bradshaw have reputations of being very standoffish with fans. Don’t expect to get a handshake or even acknowledgment from either, or you may end up being disappointed. Go in with low expectations, and just maybe you’ll get lucky and they will surprise you. I would not expect to get a free photo at the signing table with any of the 4 of them either, so if you want photos with them, you should probably look at the photo op pricing for them as well.

Ok thank you so much! I think I am going to get Bradshaw for sure and buy my own helmet to bring, but all the prices of the cowboys are a little high like you said, so I might just get one. Probably Irving, so I don't have to pay the extra fee if I do end up getting the other two at a later show. Emmet Smith once came to my house when I was young because he son was on my T ball team... looking at the price of his signature now I kinda wish I asked him for one then :P . I am going to get that SHL Gold Deluxe Discount for sure, so thank you for that too! I think I might get the JSA certification tickets too. I just have two more questions, am I guaranteed a signature? Some of the smaller signings I go to you have to pay a small entry fee, but are not greeted a signature. I just wanted to make sure before I spend my money that I would be guaranteed it. Also, I read some things about the players cancelling and people not getting refunds, how much in advance do them tell me if someone cancelled like would they cancel within the two weeks the event? I plan on buying my tickets within two weeks like you said. Thank you so much for the help and everyone else who helped! I will defiantly take your advice.

One thing I forgot to add. Will they tell me on here if someone does cancel? This is the site I have been looking at to get the information of the prices and platers attending. http://gtsportsmarke...13_houston.html

#14 User is offline   steelerfan1968 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:48 AM

KingChuck, there are some good places online to get helmets cheap. I buy most of mine at scorehere.com, if you set up an account the prices are really low.

#15 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:24 PM

View PostKingChuck, on 02 February 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Ok thank you so much! I think I am going to get Bradshaw for sure and buy my own helmet to bring, but all the prices of the cowboys are a little high like you said, so I might just get one. Probably Irving, so I don't have to pay the extra fee if I do end up getting the other two at a later show. Emmet Smith once came to my house when I was young because he son was on my T ball team... looking at the price of his signature now I kinda wish I asked him for one then :P . I am going to get that SHL Gold Deluxe Discount for sure, so thank you for that too! I think I might get the JSA certification tickets too. I just have two more questions, am I guaranteed a signature? Some of the smaller signings I go to you have to pay a small entry fee, but are not greeted a signature. I just wanted to make sure before I spend my money that I would be guaranteed it. Also, I read some things about the players cancelling and people not getting refunds, how much in advance do them tell me if someone cancelled like would they cancel within the two weeks the event? I plan on buying my tickets within two weeks like you said. Thank you so much for the help and everyone else who helped! I will defiantly take your advice.

One thing I forgot to add. Will they tell me on here if someone does cancel? This is the site I have been looking at to get the information of the prices and platers attending. http://gtsportsmarke...13_houston.html

Your tickets purchased would be guaranteed for an autograph, provided you are present during the scheduled signing time. I honestly can’t tell you what would happen if you showed up to the venue late, and missed the signing. Sometimes they’ll let you in the back room for the autograph, if the signer is still around, but there is no guarantee he will be. I don’t know the refund policy on customers missing the session, but I would hope you could get refunded.

This is definitely not a general admission type thing though, there are lines for each signer, and you can’t get in the one without a ticket. Once you are in line, you will get your autograph.

If a player cancels, you will be entitled to a refund. I would suggest keeping an eye on the GTSM website, and their Facebook page to see if the player cancels. They definitely will not reach out to you to let you know. Someone usually mentions cancellations on this forum as well, but there is no guarantee of that, especially for the Houston shows.

If you are looking for mini helmets, I just acquired 3 cases of brand new Cowboys helmets, so could give you a good price. I can also make custom 2-Tone mini helmets, if you were interested in that. It would be a mini helmet, with the Cowboys on one side and the players College team on the other side. Facemasks would also be split painted. If you are interested in either a custom 2-tone mini or just a good price on brand new Cowboys mini helmets, feel free to reach out to me via private message....

#16 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:11 PM

At this point, I have no reason to be present for Friday or Saturday.
I’m definitely there on Sunday though...

#17 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:36 AM

I agree Chop...so far Sunday is my only day as well. Urlacher and Lewis

#18 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:24 AM

Bozman26 said:

1519475795[/url]' post='21881']
I agree Chop...so far Sunday is my only day as well. Urlacher and Lewis

FYI - I sent you a message yesterday (not sure if you saw it)

#19 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:49 AM

Chop...

Didn’t see it. Email me Jborzumato@yahoo

#20 User is offline   bonafyde 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:19 PM

When did they start this “catch a pass from an athlete”. It seems pretty cool but wondering if they handle it like a photo op. Separate and before the signing takes place.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users