SigningsHotline.com Forum: march show - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

march show

#41 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:27 PM

View Postjpssports, on 27 February 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

We just contacted Steve Sax again, he does not really want to come across country and quoted a price to do it that just does not make sense. We tried once again.

Jim

Thanks Jim - that was nice of you to try again. I appreciate the attempt!

#42 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:44 PM

View Postbobbydmetfan, on 25 February 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

Thanks Jim

That's a nice start baseball wise for me. Pete Falcone makes me really happy----can use him on a few things.

Glad that you were able to reschedule Tekulve.

Thanks again.......

A few more smaller guys added for Hofstra

Elliott Maddox
Cleon Jones

More names coming

Jim

#43 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:51 PM

View PostMrJeter2, on 27 February 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

Thanks Jim - that was nice of you to try again. I appreciate the attempt!

Mrjeter

Luis Sojo added for Hofstra Sunday April 22nd

Thanks
Jim

#44 User is offline   bobbydmetfan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

View Postjpssports, on 27 February 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

A few more smaller guys added for Hofstra

Elliott Maddox
Cleon Jones

More names coming

Jim

Thanks Jim.

I agree with GetsbyBuckner------love seeing those "Torre" era Mets, which you've been getting us lately, and believe me, we appreciate you getting guys like Willie Montanez, Joel Youngblood & Tim Foli.

Now that Steve Henderson isn't coaching with the phillies, maybe he's available----- I'm still holding out hope for Ellis Valentine, Doug Flynn, Jeff Reardon, and Mike Jorgensen :)

Thanks again

Looking forward to both shows..........

#45 User is offline   SKVU 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:42 PM

View Postbobbydmetfan, on 28 February 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Thanks Jim.

I agree with GetsbyBuckner------love seeing those "Torre" era Mets, which you've been getting us lately, and believe me, we appreciate you getting guys like Willie Montanez, Joel Youngblood & Tim Foli.

Now that Steve Henderson isn't coaching with the phillies, maybe he's available----- I'm still holding out hope for Ellis Valentine, Doug Flynn, Jeff Reardon, and Mike Jorgensen :)

Thanks again

From my own selfish perspective, I'd love to see Youngblood come back, as I missed him the first time around. Probably would be tough to get him a second time, but just throwing it out there bc if you don't ask, you usually don't get. Again, just my own selfish perspective.

#46 User is offline   Yankeemike 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationGarfield, NJ

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:26 AM

View Postbobbydmetfan, on 28 February 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Thanks Jim.

Thanks again

Ellis Valentine and Mike Jorgenson (the only MLB player born the day Babe Ruth died, BTW) are both doing a signing for charity via Past Pros
On November 13, Felix Unger was asked to remove himself from his place of residence; that request came from his wife. Deep down, he knew she was right, but he also knew that some day he would return to her. With nowhere else to go, he appeared at the home of his friend, Oscar Madison. Several years earlier, Madison's wife had thrown HIM out, requesting that HE never return. Can two divorced men share an apartment without driving each other crazy?

#47 User is offline   silverbacksports2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:18 AM

View PostYankeemike, on 01 March 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

Ellis Valentine and Mike Jorgenson (the only MLB player born the day Babe Ruth died, BTW) are both doing a signing for charity via Past Pros

Good for Past Pros

#48 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:02 PM

it costs a lot to ship to canada...also if u have a multi signed item...u would rather get it in person

#49 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:23 AM

View Postjpssports, on 25 February 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

Bobby,

Here is what it's booked for Hofstra so far, more names will fill shortly

Randy Jones. Free guest
Pete Falcone
Ruben Sierra
Pat LaFontaine
Kent Tekulvie free guest

Jim

Hi Jim - when will names with prices/times be added to the website for April?

See you at White Plains this weekend!

#50 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:08 AM

I’ll be out for Joe Carter and Gary Sheffield on Sunday for my first ever JP’s show in person.
What is the best way to keep up on if there are any last minute cancellations, Facebook ?

#51 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:02 AM

I’m at the show in a Joe Carter Blue Jays Jersey, and Navy/White adidas pants.

Hope to meet a few of you today...

#52 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:07 PM

Went today to get Rickey Henderson and Luis Polonia. Both were great! Posed for pictures and my pieces came out better then expected.

As usual, great fan friendly environment. JP’s treats families wonderfully. I wish more area dealers would take a page out of JPs playbook with kids getting in free and getting free cards...its really great.

Added bonus, got to hang with Chopper a little bit and catch up hobby wise.

Nice show boys...thanks

#53 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:35 PM

Great show per usual, JPs.

Few observations from today:
1) Quite a few fans were wearing Blue Jays gear. Smart of JP's to pair Joe Carter and his 1993 Anniversary Signing with former Jay Rickey Henderson. Wonder if they came down from Toronto - as the few I briefly spoke with seemed unfamiliar with the layout of JPs shows and may have been new to the area.
2) Joe Carter and Mitch Williams had a steady line. Carter moreso, but I think most people that got Mitch Williams were there for Carter as well. I'd say generally speaking, the only reason why any Williams single tickets were purchased (as opposed to purchases via the Combo Ticket) was to save on the inscription fee.
3) Carter appeared personable and enjoyed his time at the show. Said he was able to visit some family over the weekend by coming back to NY. Still not sure why Joe Carter wasn't willing to do inscriptions. I've suggested for Carter several times, and I'm glad to see that JP's listened to my suggestion, but I feel like his HR celebration items look better with his own multi-inscriptions, including "Touch 'em all Joe"...rather than Mitch Williams' sloppy signature/inscription.
4) Seemed like Gary Sheffield had a very very solid line. I've been suggesting him for a while, I know Silverback responded a few times saying "meh," but hopefully he did well enough to justify your expense to bring him in. They had him set-up by himself on the side of the main room, presumably because he sold well. He might not be a HOFer re: steroids, but 9x all star and 509 HRs is pretty good to me.
5) Considering the outrageous prices he commands and the fact that he surfaces fairly frequently, decent sized line for Rickey Henderson. Rickey always treats the paying customer courteously, standing up each time for pictures with over the table and giving a firm handshake. Even if it's an act, it's more that can be said for some.
6) Jim Lonborg seemed to genuinely enjoy his time at the show. Before he was scheduled to start signing, saw him roaming the floor admiring all of the vendor's memorabilia, eating lunch at the concession stand, etc. Not many people new who he was as he roamed the floor. His line wasn't nearly as long as the Pagliarulo/Viola combo at last time's show, but still nice of JP's to bring in a free Cy Young signer.
7) Didn't get to see Marty Cordova - he must've been in the other room. Would have liked to see him since I remember him well from his playing days. Curious how he did with autograph tickets, given that he doesn't have much to do with the NY market. For years, I've suggested for non-HOFer type players such as Jim Edmonds, but JP's has indicated skepticism on how a a non-NY/HOF player would perform in that environment. Quite honestly, I think the demand for someone like Edmonds far exceeds Marty Cordova's demand. Unless you're a ROY collector.

Disappointed to hear that the May White Plains show has been cancelled for this year. Wonder if it was a booking issue (I know the Westchester County Center tends to host May Graduations), or the fact that both the Yankees & Mets are home on that first weekend of May and they didn't want to compete with both teams.

I have to say, JP's has done such a GREAT job bringing in a more diverse grouping of baseball signers thru the recent years, I've gone to virtually all of your shows (Hofstra & White Plains) since 2015. Keep up the great work.

#54 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:52 PM

Jeter

Cardova and Polonia were in the same area occupied by Sheffield after he wrapped up. By all accounts, Cardova’s demand seemed low.

Thanks again JP for brining in Polonia...he’s been on my list for awhile

#55 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:20 PM

Attended the show today for Lonborg on 3 items, and Cordova on 1...Both of them could not be friendlier or more personable...Lonborg signed a Clemente piece for me..while he never faced him in a regular season game, I was confident he knew him from Spring Training...Lonborg, DMD, also commented that he played Winter ball with Roberto in 1972, the offseason he perished in the plane crash..imagine, a 3.000 hit player in Winter ball..not going to happen now.
Cordova complimented the piece that he was signing, and, asked if Tony Oliva was on it..he is not, but, I guess Cordova knows him from Twins functions, and, that they are both ROY Twins...
Disappointed in the lack of a May show...JPs, try someplace in NJ!
A bit concerning that there was some empty floor space towards the back right of room..
Thanks, JPs!

#56 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:10 PM

Here is a review from a JP’s rookie. Keep in mind this is a first impression review, so I am not benchmarking against any previous JP’s shows.

First of all, it was great to meet Jim Ryan, as well as spending about an hour catching up with Boz.

I’ve done mail orders in the past with JP’s, but it never worked out until this past weekend, where I was able to attend a show in person. Now that I have, I can say that if I were able to complete my collection strictly through JP’s shows, I would be completely happy with that.

I really don’t think I’ve ever attended a show in person, that was as stress free as this one was. There really wasn’t much of anything to wish that was done differently.

I thought the floor layout was perfect, and every square inch of floor space was used as best as it could be, with overcrowding not being even close to an issue. Someone mentioned a dead spot on the floor in the back corner, but honestly I think you need a couple areas like that for people to stand around. The only thing I would suggest is having some signs (poster board on columns or an easel) telling who each line is for. As someone mentioned, there was some confusion amongst us Blue Jays fans on which line to be in. I imagine it was announced over the speaker, but it’s hard to catch those announcements sometimes, so the signs are a nice supplement.

Two things with the venue (not JP’s) that surprised me were, having to pay for parking in the lot, and very limited concession stands. Again, that’s not on JP’s though, and certainly very minor items that held little value on the entire experience.

There was a strong vendor presence, although mostly for Sports Cards, which I don’t do much collecting of anymore. Regardless, I walked in with some extra “just in case” cash that I wasn’t necessarily intent on spending, and left with $2 in my wallet. The vendors all seemed much friendlier than I have seen at other shows, and I even engaged in conversation with a handful of them.

I liked having the 3 options for Authentication as well, especially CAS, who I have been using quite a bit since this past summer.

I got autographs from Joe Carter and Gary Sheffield. As already mentioned by a few, Carter was very personable, and seemed to be generally happy to be there. My personal experience wasn’t so chatty, but that’s probably because I was barking orders at him where to sign the helmet, haha. Sheff was about average as far as personality, but his autograph is one of the better ones out there, IMO. This is the second time I got an item signed by Sheff, but the first time in person. I liked his autograph so much on my multi-signed piece that he previously signed that I needed a dedicated piece as well.

I look forward to attending more JP’s shows in the future...

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users