SigningsHotline.com Forum: march show - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

march show

#21 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:30 PM

Few other names for you to consider for the March Show:

- Phil Niekro - Been a while, and he cancelled from a JPs show last year
- Vlad Guerrero - Looks like you’re working with MC Sports for Sheffield, why not bring in another MC client
- Steve Sax - Willing to travel?
- Kevin Maas
- Rudy May
- Randy Velarde
- Luis Sojo - Never been to a JPs Show
- Butch Wynegar - Never been to JPs Show, after you guys brought in Matt Nokes, he’s the last of the no-hit catchers I need
- David Justice
- Rollie Sheldon
- Art Ditmar
- Bert Blyleven

#22 User is offline   bonafyde 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

View PostMrJeter2, on 15 February 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

The Yankees will be honoring the 20th Anniversary of the 1998 team on Sat, August 18 - the same weekend JPs will be hosting a show in White Plains

Great opportunity for JPs to take advantage of the fact that many of these players willvalready be in town. No need to make travel arrangements. You can thank me later for the idea :)

I’m looking for Chuck Knoblauch. Obviously, players such as Scott Brosius, Rickey Ledee, Luis Sojo, El Duque, etc would be popular too.

Mr. Jeter is on the money. The 98 team is historic. It would be great to see you guys put a show together similar to the 94 Rangers reunion. Some of us have been asking for Brosius and Knoblauch for a few years now. Any chance you guys could make it happen would be great. Also, any chance we see Mariano one more time before the HOF?

#23 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:41 PM

Totally agree with mrjeter as well knoblauch el duque alone will bring allllot of ppl in. Bert Blyleven we all have been dying for too. Idk why he hasnt shown up anywhere. Same w bobby cox

#24 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostMrJeter2, on 15 February 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

Few other names for you to consider for the March Show:

- Phil Niekro - Been a while, and he cancelled from a JPs show last year
- Vlad Guerrero - Looks like you’re working with MC Sports for Sheffield, why not bring in another MC client
- Steve Sax - Willing to travel?
- Kevin Maas
- Rudy May
- Randy Velarde
- Luis Sojo - Never been to a JPs Show
- Butch Wynegar - Never been to JPs Show, after you guys brought in Matt Nokes, he’s the last of the no-hit catchers I need
- David Justice
- Rollie Sheldon
- Art Ditmar
- Bert Blyleven

Here's another good name that you don't see at all - Bob Wickman. ex Yankee from '92-'96, 1996 WS Champ, 2x All Star, 267 Career Saves, Led Majors with 45 Saves in 2005, and has a nice looking autograph. He could be an appealing freebie. Thoughts?

Also, I know I mentioned Rollie Shelfon / Art Ditmar above. Both are in their 80s, have been to JPs in the past, and live in the East Coast. Any chance of seeing them?

#25 User is offline   stevegruber 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:53 PM

I know you have had him once or twice but please bring back Kevin McReynolds to a future show.

#26 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:13 PM

Lots of random names - blasts from the past - added to the March show on the website today.

Among others, Luis Polonia, Marty Cordova, Bob Horner (free Sat), and Jim Lonborg (free Sun)

Haven’t seen or heard the name Marty Cordova in ages. I do remember reading many years ago that his daughter got into a bad car accident and was placed into a coma.

I always wonder how guests like Cordova, Livan Hernandez, Joe Carter, etc fair at these kinds of shows. Somewhat obscure names which you don’t see all that often, however, they didn’t really make their mark in New York and I suppose you’re trying to appeal to the specific collector...especially in the case of Cordova who had a rather bland career after winning ROY.

Nice to see Joe Carter surface, although it’d be more appealing if inscriptions were permitted. For whatever reason they are not.

I give JPs credit for trying - I’ve noticed a significant improvement over the past 3+ years or so with lots of new blood rather than the same names resurfacing. Nothing against Ron Blomberg 😂

Jim - are you planning to add additional guests for this show?

#27 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

Luis Polonia...nice add...I’m in!

#28 User is offline   bobbydmetfan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:41 PM

Good looking baseball lineup Jimmy.............

I'm in for Zeile, Lonborg, Sheffield, Baines, and Carter.

Someone has to ask, so..............it might as well be me......

How soon before we see some names for Hofstra??????

Mets requests.............

Bob Apodaca
Ron Hunt
Robin Ventura
Benny Agbayani
Danny Heep
Rafael Santana

Thanks again

#29 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:39 AM

I generally only have good things to say about MAB, but one thing I can never understand is the pricing structure they have for Rickey Henderson.

$99 for a small flat or baseball, and nearly triple that ($279) for equipment.

Having a guy sign 3 items is more work, and takes more time, so I just don’t get the logic in the huge gap in price there. Hopefully this gets re-evaluated at some point, as I have a mini helmet I’d love to add Rickey’s signature to, but there is absolutely no way I’m paying $279 for it. It’s frustrating and mind boggling to know that I could get 3 baseballs signed instead of the 1 mini helmet, for basically the same price...

#30 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:44 PM

[quote name='chopper31' timestamp='1519483159' post='21883']
I generally only have good things to say about MAB, but one thing I can never understand is the pricing structure they have for Rickey Henderson.

Having a guy sign 3 items is more work, and takes more time, so I just don’t get the logic in the huge gap in price there. Hopefully this gets re-evaluated at some point, as I have a mini helmet I’d love to add Rickey’s signature to, but there is absolutely no way I’m paying $279 for it. It’s frustrating and mind boggling to know that I could get 3 baseballs signed instead of the 1 mini helmet, for basically the same price...
AGREED-Rickey has always had some quirks...seems like inscriptions overall are creeping up as well...

#31 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:29 PM

Any chance for Steve Sax at this or another upcoming show? Sax does a number of signings on the west coast - today he made a free appearance at the grand opening of a store - however, he hasn’t been east coast since the 2008 ASG Fanfest. Can use him on several Yankees items. Would make for a popular freebie to lure people to the show, as he does also appeal to those with ROY collections.

#32 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

mr jeter...jimmy has answer that question about sax

#33 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:54 PM

View Postanswerman, on 24 February 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

mr jeter...jimmy has answer that question about sax

Several months ago - Silver had said they’ll keep trying and that they felt he was overpriced. In the same post, he had said Gary Sheffield was also overpriced but they were able to come to an agreement for this March show. Things often change so hence me following up to see if there’s an update. This conversation was a while back so things do change.

No doubt Sax would be a popular get - him and Sheffield are the only two multi-ASG appearance Yankees im missing from my Yankees Thru The Years piece - 100+ different signatures.

#34 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:07 PM

View Postchopper31, on 24 February 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

Hey Chopper,

It's not Mab with Ricky's pricing, it's just Ricky's cost that is so high, his deal is not price friendly.

Jim

#35 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:15 PM

View Postbobbydmetfan, on 23 February 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

Good looking baseball lineup Jimmy.............

I'm in for Zeile, Lonborg, Sheffield, Baines, and Carter.

Someone has to ask, so..............it might as well be me......

How soon before we see some names for Hofstra??????

Mets requests.............

Bob Apodaca
Ron Hunt
Robin Ventura
Benny Agbayani
Danny Heep
Rafael Santana

Thanks again

Bobby,

Here is what it's booked for Hofstra so far, more names will fill shortly

Randy Jones. Free guest
Pete Falcone
Ruben Sierra
Pat LaFontaine
Kent Tekulvie free guest

Jim

#36 User is offline   bobbydmetfan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:25 PM

Thanks Jim

That's a nice start baseball wise for me. Pete Falcone makes me really happy----can use him on a few things.

Glad that you were able to reschedule Tekulve.

Thanks again.......

#37 User is offline   GetsByBuckner 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:21 PM

Thanks for the update, Jim. Its too bad about Ricky. I would like to get him, but as a Met collector, I'm not sure he played long enough for them for me to pay $279 to have him sign my seatback. (And I'm not afraid to spend money...I don't even want to say out loud what I would pay for Seaver if he ever came back. Or for that matter Koosman, who I missed by 3 months in 2015...I would pay triple what he charged last time).

One name Bobby dropped earlier that would be the next guy on my hit list after Seaver and Koos would be Ron Hunt. He just turned 77 last week. I know he did a show in STL in 2015. I reached out to the guys at Collectors Corner who are having a big Cardinal show at the end of March to try to convince them to add him as he lives there, but he only played 12 games for them and isn't "enough of a Cardinal". JPRS last had him in 2011. Maybe you could see fit to get him in one more time for a future show. He might even be a good free guest, like Choo Choo Coleman was. 2x Met All-Star, started the 1964 ASG at Shea.

I'll be there for Zeile for sure, and Falcone at Hofstra. I like those "Torre era" Mets you keep pulling in. Keep 'em coming.

#38 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:56 AM

View PostMrJeter2, on 24 February 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

Several months ago - Silver had said they’ll keep trying and that they felt he was overpriced. In the same post, he had said Gary Sheffield was also overpriced but they were able to come to an agreement for this March show. Things often change so hence me following up to see if there’s an update. This conversation was a while back so things do change.

No doubt Sax would be a popular get - him and Sheffield are the only two multi-ASG appearance Yankees im missing from my Yankees Thru The Years piece - 100+ different signatures.

We just contacted Steve Sax again, he does not really want to come across country and quoted a price to do it that just does not make sense. We tried once again.

Jim

#39 User is offline   bonafyde 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

View Postjpssports, on 27 February 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

We just contacted Steve Sax again, he does not really want to come across country and quoted a price to do it that just does not make sense. We tried once again.

Jim

Jimmy,

Do you have any insight on Brosius and Knoblauch. I’m not the only guy who has them on a wish list. Is there any chance of these guys at any shows in the near future?

Thank you

#40 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:45 PM

I second knoblauch

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic