SigningsHotline.com Forum: East Coast National - Aug ‘18 - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

East Coast National - Aug ‘18

#61 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:55 PM

View PostMrJeter2, on 15 July 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

Looks like Jose Canseco is no longer listed as a free guest for JPs. Last I checked, he was added as a paid guest to MABs show.

We had him booked a few months back through another agent, Jose called and said he knew nothing about the show, well that's all I will say about that

Would have made a nice free guest. We will fill in another name

Jim

#62 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:10 PM

View PostMrJeter2, on 15 July 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

Looks like Jose Canseco is no longer listed as a free guest for JPs. Last I checked, he was added as a paid guest to MABs show.

I guess Mollie has more pull than Jack...

#63 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:19 AM

View Postjpssports, on 15 July 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

We had him booked a few months back through another agent, Jose called and said he knew nothing about the show, well that's all I will say about that

Would have made a nice free guest. We will fill in another name

Jim

That’s weird, particularly because JPs has booked Canseco for many events in the past, as recent as the January White Plains Show. One would think that the correct agent for correct contact would have already been long identified.

Thanks for your response.

#64 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:30 PM

and maybe jose is going to the promoter who pays him more...free at jp s..$ 29 at mollies show

#65 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

View Postanswerman, on 16 July 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

and maybe jose is going to the promoter who pays him more...free at jp s..$ 29 at mollies show

Hard to infer what the promoter cost is in both cases. Just because the collector fee is different does not mean that JP’s was paying Canseco less than MAB.

#66 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:11 PM

sure it does....the more u pay the player..the more u charge the public

#67 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:02 PM

View Postanswerman, on 16 July 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

sure it does....the more u pay the player..the more u charge the public

Theoretically, yes, but in actuality, not always the case. Lower per piece price could translate to more tickets sold and in turn, higher overall profits. Of course, this pricing structure could be problematic if the contract is based on pieces signed vs hours spent.

JPs strategy this conflicting weekend is clear - by having multiple free signers at staggered times throughout the day, the hope is that more people will attend and stay at the JP’s event for the duration. If someone was lured to the JP’s show by an appealing free signer like a a Canseco, they are likely to stay there and spend their money at other booths or for other paid signers. So the appeal for JP’s for bringing in an enticing free signer goes beyond just *breaking even* with the free signer themselves.

Case in point - I’ll be at the MAB show for Chuck Knoblauch. If not for Knoblauch, I may have skipped this summer show. But while I’m there, good chance I buy tickets for other players or spend money at other booths. So buy getting Knoblauch, that’s business from me not just allocated in Knoblauch’s profits.

It’s all marketing 101. Both JPs and MAB have unique marketing tactics different from past shows - JP’s with many more free signers, MAB with music, Q&A’s, interactive opportunities to have a football catch, raffles to have meet and greet opps with proceeds benefiting player foundations, etc. All clever ways to try new things to boost business and fan experience.

#68 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:23 PM

View PostMrJeter2, on 16 July 2018 - 08:02 PM, said:

Theoretically, yes, but in actuality, not always the case. Lower per piece price could translate to more tickets sold and in turn, higher overall profits. Of course, this pricing structure could be problematic if the contract is based on pieces signed vs hours spent.

JPs strategy this conflicting weekend is clear - by having multiple free signers at staggered times throughout the day, the hope is that more people will attend and stay at the JP’s event for the duration. If someone was lured to the JP’s show by an appealing free signer like a a Canseco, they are likely to stay there and spend their money at other booths or for other paid signers. So the appeal for JP’s for bringing in an enticing free signer goes beyond just *breaking even* with the free signer themselves.

Case in point - I’ll be at the MAB show for Chuck Knoblauch. If not for Knoblauch, I may have skipped this summer show. But while I’m there, good chance I buy tickets for other players or spend money at other booths. So buy getting Knoblauch, that’s business from me not just allocated in Knoblauch’s profits.

It’s all marketing 101. Both JPs and MAB have unique marketing tactics different from past shows - JP’s with many more free signers, MAB with music, Q&A’s, interactive opportunities to have a football catch, raffles to have meet and greet opps with proceeds benefiting player foundations, etc. All clever ways to try new things to boost business and fan experience.

We added a few more players today. Still a few more to be added

#69 User is offline   GetsByBuckner 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:25 PM

At the risk of repeating myself, would love to see Jack Fisher, Doug Flynn, Steve Henderson, and/or any of the others listed in my previous posts. Just keeping my fingers crossed that we might get even one of those guys!

#70 User is offline   SKVU 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:35 AM

Jim-- Per my recent email to u, I hope rescheduling Ron Dayne is still on your radar.

#71 User is offline   85yanks 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:03 AM

Witt, Braden, Humber, Buehrle, Cain

#72 User is offline   Lou 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:38 PM

Hey Jimmy,
Any chance of getting Kirk Gibson at a future show?

Joe Christopher and Kevin Mitchell would be great too.
Thanks

#73 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:15 PM

cancelled...........sam mcdowell- health reasons

#74 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:54 AM

Any additional updates to report - either for this or upcoming October shows?

#75 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:48 AM

View PostLou, on 22 July 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

Hey Jimmy,
Any chance of getting Kirk Gibson at a future show?

Joe Christopher and Kevin Mitchell would be great too.
Thanks

MITCH was at WP earlier this year

#76 User is offline   Colucci90 

• Rookie
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2018 - 05:47 PM

Went to my first sports card show ever today - I came up from Delaware, far but TOTALLY WORTH IT!! I was amazed at what I experienced. I'm a huge New York sports fan, mostly Football and Basketball, got to meet the Sack Exchange today. I brought my dad and we got to meet his childhood heroes, Walt Frazier and Earl Monroe, such long lines for them but we were so happy once we got to meet them - real class acts. I got three free autographs just with my admission which was so cool! We literally spent the whole day there. So many tables, so many cool items - I can't wait to come back !!!

#77 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:00 PM

Hello Everyone,

Just want to come on here and say thank you to everyone who attended the show this weekend. The crowd was unbelievable, Saturday was the best day we have ever seen at the County Center in the 14 years we have been running the show. Your support for the show was fantastic and appreciated by all of JP'S. It is you the customer and dealers that make the show success posible. We at JPS will always work hard and do our best to provide you with the best show we can. Once again thank you for all your support. Hope to see you all at the next two shows in October.

Thanks
Jim

#78 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:29 PM

jpssports said:

1534809605[/url]' post='22737']
Hello Everyone,

Just want to come on here and say thank you to everyone who attended the show this weekend. The crowd was unbelievable, Saturday was the best day we have ever seen at the County Center in the 14 years we have been running the show. Your support for the show was fantastic and appreciated by all of JP'S. It is you the customer and dealers that make the show success posible. We at JPS will always work hard and do our best to provide you with the best show we can. Once again thank you for all your support. Hope to see you all at the next two shows in October.

Thanks
Jim

Glad to hear everything went well Jim. I wish I could have been there, but that ended up being the only week that worked for a vacaction this year.

I got my mail order back today though, and it was perfect...

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users