SigningsHotline.com Forum: White Plains January 2019 - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

White Plains January 2019

#21 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:16 AM

Thanks for bringing in Julio Franco !!! I’ve been waiting on this one for a while...

#22 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:19 PM

Is this lineup complete ?

#23 User is offline   RJSJ95 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

Ordered my tickets today. Looking forward to the show as I missed the last one when my father passed away. Going to be nice to get back on the show circuit...

#24 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:40 PM

just a heads up for those going on sat. to the show..i received an email from jp s that there is gonna be work on the old tappanzee bridge..traffic will be a mess from 9 am to 10 am

#25 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:37 PM

Any show reports? On FB, JPs apologized for Saturday

#26 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:54 PM

View Postgzman, on 13 January 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

Show was packed today. As crowded as I've seen the Westchester County Center in a long time, perhaps since the days of Gloria Rothstein. They had Blyleven/Hoffman set up along one corner, Drabek (freebie) / Andruw Jones / and a few others set up along the other corner. Photo ops in the side room and many players, including O'Neill/Cone/Singleton on the stage. The line on the stage was packed, probably bordering maximum occupancy limits. There was a long line off the stage for collectors waiting for the stage line to dwindle down. Not needing any of the stage signers, I didn't even attempt to make it on the stage platform, but it was pretty clear that Paul O'Neill sales did very well.

Seemed like JPs added another row of dealers on the floor, which made things a little more congested on the perimeter adjacent to the Blyleven/Hoffman line. Both Blyleven/Hoffman appeared to do well - in Hoffman's case new to the HOF circuit, and in Blyleven's case, one of the first east coast signings he has done post-HOF 2011 induction.

Most of the dealers had cards. The aisles seemed a little tighter than usual, so it was harder to traverse the entire floor - primarily due to the large turnout. I wasn't looking for anything in particular from the dealers and would have liked to spend more time looking around the tables, but the tight aisles combined with collector's in their bulky winter coats made it more inconvenient to get comfortable and really take the time.

Some names have been announced for the upcoming March White Plains and April Hofstra show - the website isn't updated yet, but new SHL forums have been created listing the signers announced so far.

Great show all around! Lots of walk up ticket sales. I'd bet it was one of the more profitable shows for JPs!

#27 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:30 PM

View PostMrJeter2, on 13 January 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

Show was packed today. As crowded as I've seen the Westchester County Center in a long time, perhaps since the days of Gloria Rothstein. They had Blyleven/Hoffman set up along one corner, Drabek (freebie) / Andruw Jones / and a few others set up along the other corner. Photo ops in the side room and many players, including O'Neill/Cone/Singleton on the stage. The line on the stage was packed, probably bordering maximum occupancy limits. There was a long line off the stage for collectors waiting for the stage line to dwindle down. Not needing any of the stage signers, I didn't even attempt to make it on the stage platform, but it was pretty clear that Paul O'Neill sales did very well.

Seemed like JPs added another row of dealers on the floor, which made things a little more congested on the perimeter adjacent to the Blyleven/Hoffman line. Both Blyleven/Hoffman appeared to do well - in Hoffman's case new to the HOF circuit, and in Blyleven's case, one of the first east coast signings he has done post-HOF 2011 induction.

Most of the dealers had cards. The aisles seemed a little tighter than usual, so it was harder to traverse the entire floor - primarily due to the large turnout. I wasn't looking for anything in particular from the dealers and would have liked to spend more time looking around the tables, but the tight aisles combined with collector's in their bulky winter coats made it more inconvenient to get comfortable and really take the time.

Some names have been announced for the upcoming March White Plains and April Hofstra show - the website isn't updated yet, but new SHL forums have been created listing the signers announced so far.

Great show all around! Lots of walk up ticket sales. I'd bet it was one of the more profitable shows for JPs!

Thanks! Planned to go, but, last minute change...

#28 User is offline   RJSJ95 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:38 PM

I was there Saturday and it was packed as well. Went by numbers on the stage so I was done quickly with the few guys I needed, aside from Zack Wheeler who was late. Stage was picked all day and when the group of Mets came out for their signing at 2:30pm, too many people were already lined up so I guess they scraped the number system. Sucked as I only needed Ray Knight and had #3 but oh well, he was very friendly and worth the time. Fun times seeing some old friends and browsed the aisles a bit in between. Only downside was Roger McDowell cancelled but I heard talk that he will be at Hofstra in April.

#29 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:10 AM

they were suppose to start at 2..no idea y so late

#30 User is offline   Patrick 

• PipPip

Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:45 PM

I went on Saturday for Foreman. I had ordered in advance so had a low number. The show was well attended and I don't ever remember seeing a line for auto tickets as long as the one there Saturday. I think it was mostly for the Met guys but I'm not positive. I got up and through the line relatively quickly once George started. I walked the aisles but there were mostly card guys and I prefer pictures and the like. However, most of the guys with auto stuff had pretty good stuff and I did make a nice LT purchase of a signed and painted seatback. I wanted to go back Sunday but the day got away from me. I would assume that they had a real good final tally on attendance.

#31 User is offline   bobbydmetfan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:33 PM

View Postgzman, on 13 January 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

Saturday was as packed as I can remember at a show.

The 2 guys who were taking care of tickets, deserved battle pay. The line extended into the other room, and it was like that for a long time. I mean a couple of hours. I know, because I wanted to buy a 3rd ticket for Ray Knight, and went outside 4 different times because I was waiting for the line to die down.

I agree with RJ, as I also had low tickets for Knight, & Teufel, and because I was walking the aisles, had no idea that they weren't calling numbers till the line was already down the stairs.
I'm still very happy with the show overall as I got a lot of stuff done, finishing my No-Hitter, and Cy Young pieces.

Sunday was also busy-------but can't compare to Saturday.

Looking forward to March...............

#32 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:00 PM

Very quick turnaround on the mail order, I got mine back today...and the piece turned out great. Great job as usual JP’s, and thanks again for bringing in Julio...

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users