SigningsHotline.com Forum: CSA MARCH 2019 - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CSA MARCH 2019

#61 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:29 AM

Yeah, Beathard is in pretty bad shape...Alzheiemers.

Did he sign in Canton last year ? I remember he didn’t do a speech.

#62 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:48 AM

View PostBats, on 23 February 2019 - 04:24 AM, said:

I'm headed to CSA on Sunday if you need anyone; I'm in Chicago too<br />

Steelerfan - I can help out with Saturday if need be, if you wanna get something signed by Swann or whomever.

I’ll see Bats on Friday night, so if you get your items to him in Chicago he could hand them off to me, to get signed on Saturday.

That offer extends to anyone BTW...I’ll be in NJ on Friday night, and heading down to CSA on early Saturday morning, so if you need anyone there on Saturday and can’t make the show (and don’t like doing mail orders) I’ll be happy to get the item signed for you. The only thing is I’m not going back to NJ, so would have to mail your item back to you.

#63 User is offline   steelerfan1968 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:28 AM

Thanks you guys, but I love meeting the players, just venting how bad the Fanatic show is and how good CSA's is. I'm thinking next year might be a good year for me to get to a CSA show. Troy Polamalu will most likely be inducted into HOF and I'm sure CSA will have a bunch of Steelers.

#64 User is offline   barris 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2019 - 04:54 PM

any word on if Gil Brandt will do multiple inscriptions?....ie HOF 2019, ROH 2018???

#65 User is offline   MJ23Bulls1 

• Rookie
  • Pip

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:22 PM

Does CSA give a discount for Hotline members?

#66 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:37 AM

View PostMJ23Bulls1, on 23 February 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

Does CSA give a discount for Hotline members?

You get free admission, if attending in person

Or

5% off, mail order only

Go to any of the signer listings, and there is a link all the way to the right of each player listing (if on a mobile device, you may have to swipe the screen to the right to see that portion of the screen) Click on that link, and follow the on screen instructions.

#67 User is offline   Bats 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:06 PM

View Postchopper31, on 23 February 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

Yeah, Beathard is in pretty bad shape...Alzheiemers.

Did he sign in Canton last year ? I remember he didn’t do a speech.

He signed at the group event, but did not participate in the tent sessions.

#68 User is offline   Bats 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:47 AM

View Poststeelerfan1968, on 23 February 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

Thanks you guys, but I love meeting the players, just venting how bad the Fanatic show is and how good CSA's is. I'm thinking next year might be a good year for me to get to a CSA show. Troy Polamalu will most likely be inducted into HOF and I'm sure CSA will have a bunch of Steelers.

You think the Fanatics show is bad? The line up's or organization? I've been to all the big shows and Fanatics has to be one of the best in terms of organization and marketing. Can they be better? Absolutely, but the marketing and organization of other promoters is wretched, so not much to compare. hahaha

#69 User is offline   Bats 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:11 PM

Well I would love to schedule my flight home accordingly, although no times have been posted.

Gamebreaker, Can you please post the time slot for Gil Brandt?

Thank you!

#70 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:02 AM

So...who’s going to this show ?

#71 User is offline   Bats 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:24 PM

View Postchopper31, on 05 March 2019 - 07:02 AM, said:

So...who’s going to this show ?

My guess would be no-one because they can't schedule their itinerary lol

#72 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:54 AM

View PostBats, on 05 March 2019 - 11:24 PM, said:

<br />My guess would be no-one because they can't schedule their itinerary lol<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Valid point for sure.

I don’t know how people are supposed to finalize travel plans, or buy advance tickets, when they don’t know for sure they can work with the signing time.

The worst part is, holding off on releasing the signing times until a couple days out, is not going to prevent changes from happening at the last minute. You know there will be at least one of those “Player X will now be signing on Sunday at 4pm”, announcements happening mid-day on Saturday.

My guess is the signing times are figured out, but they aren’t being released at this time, simply to limit the amount of change announcements to be made between now and the show. If true, that’s a very minor benefit to the promoter, and a huge problem for the customer...

#73 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:15 AM

Say what you will about the last minute nature of how the CSA show came together but they were very transparent and the show is up and all players are confirmed.

Consider the alternative, my friend Jean, a lifelong Bears fan, is still waiting for GTSM to confirm time and price for Ditka. She left the weekend open for the past nine months, 3 weeks before the show, she still doesn’t know if she’s going.

CSA is still best in class when it comes to transparency and honesty from my perspective.

#74 User is offline   nydre78 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:23 AM

View PostBozman26, on 07 March 2019 - 07:15 AM, said:

Say what you will about the last minute nature of how the CSA show came together but they were very transparent and the show is up and all players are confirmed.

Consider the alternative, my friend Jean, a lifelong Bears fan, is still waiting for GTSM to confirm time and price for Ditka. She left the weekend open for the past nine months, 3 weeks before the show, she still doesn’t know if she’s going.

CSA is still best in class when it comes to transparency and honesty from my perspective.

I asked GTSM if Mike Ditka was questionable to appear and the only response I got from them was “he is”.

#75 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:16 AM

View PostBozman26, on 07 March 2019 - 07:15 AM, said:

Every promoter has their issues, and unfortunately in many cases those issues are repetitive.

GTSM is far from perfect, and it’s no secret that they aren’t the model for great customer service. I’ve had many dealings with them, and was fortunate to never have an issue, but I do realize that I was lucky.

I don’t know if your friend Jean has a flight involved or not, but Bats does. How is he supposed to book a flight home, on Sunday, when he doesn’t have any idea what time Gil Brandt will be signing ? It could be at 10am or it could be at 4pm. Needless to say, the longer you wait to book a flight, you risk the chance of the flight being completely booked or prices being through the roof.

Going back to Jean’s case, travel arrangements (if any) aside, anytime you base your presence at a show on a single attendee, there is an assumed risk that you walk away empty handed. I’m not defending the Ditka situation being up in the air (that totally sucks), but even if he was 100% confirmed months ago, there is always a chance of a last minute cancellation. That’s something we all hope never happens, but unfortunately it does, and the risk will never disappear.

BTW, I know how Jean must feel. I’m not gonna completely rehash a problem from the past, but will just remind you of the debacle I had with the unannounced date change of the July 2017 CSA Show (where I actually planned a family vacation around that). With GTSM, you’ll always face the risk of cancellations, but you always have ample time to make plans. You’re lucky if you get 60 days with CSA for any given show, and for signing times you can get as little as a handful of days sometimes.

My feelings towards CSA aside, I see no problem with Bats speaking up and voicing his frustration, as it is a legitimate problem. I also see it as a problem that is easy to correct, and one that is not a problem for every promoter (which shows it IS possible to fix).

Part 2 of my comments, were about buying advance tickets. Let me ask you Boz, given where you are located would you buy an advance ticket to a CSA show, if you had no idea what the signing was ? I’m guessing probably not.

Listening to honest customer feedback is the only way promoters are going to improve (if they care to).

Giving them a proverbial pat on the back, and saying everything is all good the way they do things, is not going to help anyone...

#76 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:46 PM

It’s no secret that I’m not a charter member of the CSA Fan Club, so I’ll do my best to put my personal feelings aside, and give an honest review of the event:

This was the first CSA show I’ve been to since the Oct ‘16 Show. There were a couple bumps in the road, but in the end everything ended up pretty good.

I got autographs from Ed Reed, Ray Lewis and Billy “White Shoes” Johnson. I also got 8 addition items authenticated, which I dropped off on Friday night and picked up Saturday.

Everything went great with Reed. My piece turned out nice, and he was pleasant/talkative, we actually talked about Basketball a little bit. Definitely the best dealing I had of the 3. As far as I know, he wasn’t doing any photos with fans (not even professional photo ops), but that didn’t bother me personally.

Lewis was also pleasant, and the signature turned out nice.

White Shoes only did his “Billy White Shoes” Autograph on my piece, when the CSA website made a special effort to state he would be doing the full signature (including “Johnson”) at this show. Probably just out of habit for him to sign it the way he did, and ultimately I wasn’t too upset, as it matches the other signed pieces I already have from him. Honestly, if everyone would just have one signature and stick with it (like I strongly believe they should), this wouldn’t even be an item of mention.

I had a few issues with my authentications as well, which required me to return on Sunday, when I was planning on just heading straight home. Thankfully we get the free admission discount for SHL (and parking is always free), as I would have been quite a bit more upset if it would have cost me more than my time to get my issues fixed. The authenticator did fix everything for me, no questions asked, so it ended up just being a minor inconvenience in the end. Well technically it cost me about 2.5 hours, but the entire day was gonna be for travel anyway, so it didn’t bother me that much. I still got home at a decent hour,

The vendor area was full, and there were some good deals for sure, just not much for me personally. There were a couple odd vendors that stuck out though: one selling used BluRay movies in with his stuff, another which had a a bunch of plain shirts & hats (with no sports connection at all) as part of their stock, and another selling nothing but beef jerky and homemade dog biscuits. I guess they can do whatever they want If they rent the space, just seemed kind of odd, and not something I’ve come across at other shows.

There were 4 choices for authentication at the show (JSA, Beckett, CAS, PROVA), which is always nice to have a variety. For whatever reason, Beckett and PROVA were getting heavily pushed by the announcers, while JSA and CAS never got any mention (at least not that I heard). I’m not sure if the staff were instructed to do that, or if they just did it on their own accord, but I thought it was kinda messed up not to mention the other two (who have been servicing that show for years). But just an observation, and not something for me to worry about.

Speaking of the event staff, the best volunteers in the industry (who are the same guys running things at most of the big shows), were present at this show. That must have been a huge blow to GTSM’s operations this weekend.

I also have to throw out an honorable mention to the Hooters waitress that showed up to the show in her uniform. We need more attendees at these shows, like that !

Overall the positives definitely outweighed the negatives. I will never be a CSA regular (unless they can promise more Hooters girls), but wouldn’t be opposed to returning again sometime in the future, under the right circumstances...

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users