SigningsHotline.com Forum: GTSM NJ March 2019 - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GTSM NJ March 2019

#61 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:58 PM

View PostMr. NFL, on 31 March 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

Some guy even had an 8x10 photo of him and Marino from a photo op a few years prior. The Fanatics rep threw him out of line telling him he couldn’t have the photo signed because it was not licensed by the NFL.

^ wow !

It’s all very unfortunate to hear, but I think the above one takes the cake.

They were issuing refunds though ?

#62 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:59 PM

View PostBerkshire hydrographics, on 31 March 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

I got all 3 custom helmets signed. I sent my wife and my 9 year old son in the line, and I stayed back. They had a lengthy discussion, then let Dan sign them. Then turned a bunch of people away after. I feel bad for people. Should be signing all the stuff, but there was stuff being turned away that shouldnt be. I think even Dan was like this is crazy.

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

I know you were really worried about it, and I was wondering how you made out with it.

Sounds like you got extremely lucky...

#63 User is offline   Berkshire hydrographics 

• Rookie
  • Pip

Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:18 PM

If it hadn't been for my son, I dont think they would have let him.

#64 User is offline   nydre78 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:50 PM

View PostMr. NFL, on 31 March 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

GTSM lost many thousands of dollars today because of Dan Marino refunds. Not only would they not allow unlicensed jerseys (which is understandable) but even went so far as not allowing ANY items to be signed unless they were officially licensed items from the NFLPA. I had original art work, original photos from team photographer and multi signed items needing Marino and Fanatics rep told me that they would not allow Dan to sign the items. I told him it’s impossible to have the NFL license these original items and the dope looked so lost and confused. Marino was so embarrassed and had the look of my goodness I can’t belive this is happening. It was a complete mess. I had to be refunded $1,275 and there were several others on line getting refunds with me. Some guy even had an 8x10 photo of him and Marino from a photo op a few years prior. The Fanatics rep threw him out of line telling him he couldn’t have the photo signed because it was not licensed by the NFL. The fan was bewildered. He said he flew in from Pittsburgh to get it signed by Dan. You’ve never seen a bunch of bozo the clowns like these guys from Fanatics. They made Dan Marino look like a total jackass today.

Ridiculous. My helmet for Marino is a copy of his Super Bowl 19 helmet. Since it isn’t licensed I guess it looks like I’m never getting his sig.

#65 User is offline   nydre78 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 31 March 2019 - 09:02 PM

View Postchopper31, on 31 March 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

I’m guessing GTSM suffered big time with the staffing, due to all of their regular volunteers (who know what the hell they are doing), working at CSA this weekend.

Bradshaw was incredibly friendly ? Wow, that’s unusual to hear.

I truly feel bad for you guys that suffered through this nonsense, but at the same time some of these stories are hysterical, like the Cops taking over line control. Did you laugh in the Cop’s face when he told you they gotta keep Patrick clear ? I would have probably said something like “just let me kiss him once, then I promise I’ll back off”. The signs with letters just on the front of the tables is classic too. Wow !

Your criticism of CSA was on point...they are consistently very slow to release names which causes a lot of planning issues for out of towners. That’s the criticism you will hear from many, but that shouldn’t be confused with saying the shows don’t operate well. I’ve been more critical of CSA than probably anyone else on here, and even I’ve never once said the actual show isn’t run well, it’s just the weeks leading up to it that need much improvement. The show itself could be flawless, but that won’t matter one bit if you can’t be there, due to insufficient time to plan. My CSA Show review should be posted tonight...

Yeah Bradshaw seemed very friendly. Guess this was one of his good days.

When the cop told me that, I gave him a look. He knew how ridiculous he just sounded. Two cops on either ends to make sure nobody was behind Mahomes. His agent was sitting behind him. Another cop standing next to him with his 4 handlers surrounding him. And another cop at the start of the line checking tickets with his 5th handler.

And what I’m reading about Marino is concrete proof the “hobby” is heading in the wrong direction with no way back.

#66 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 31 March 2019 - 09:23 PM

View Postnydre78, on 31 March 2019 - 09:02 PM, said:

And what I’m reading about Marino is concrete proof the “hobby” is heading in the wrong direction with no way back.

Sad, but very true...things are only gonna get worse, and I also highly doubt they ever make a turn for the better.

Restrictions will continue to grow, and someone will always find something new to charge for....don’t be surprised if there is an upcharge at some point to have the signer look up and acknlowdge your existence. Handshakes will probably be a Tier 2 upcharge (because they would first have to acknowledge your existence).

On a side note: An eye opener for me this weekend, was when Emmitt Smith came out at CSA, and did his “this is how/why I started PROVA” speech to the crowd. He mentioned that all (or at least most) of the people working for PROVA were volunteers. SAY WHAT ? $235 and up for an autograph, and you are collecting additional money from PROVA, while your people are working as volunteers ? I sure hope he misspoke, but I dunno if he would make a mistake like that...I’m sure all of the authenticators are sending out paid employees.

#67 User is offline   nimrod25 

• Rookie
  • Pip

Posted 31 March 2019 - 09:25 PM

Went Sat and Sun. Sunday was a more controlled at the signings entrance. Saturday people were just walking in and others went from line to line.
The biggest debacle was Beckett. One person doing all the COA's? Both days. Think I will make the trip to Chantilly next time and pass on GTSM.

#68 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 31 March 2019 - 09:27 PM

View Postnimrod25, on 31 March 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

Went Sat and Sun. Sunday was a more controlled at the signings entrance. Saturday people were just walking in and others went from line to line.
The biggest debacle was Beckett. One person doing all the COA's? Both days. Think I will make the trip to Chantilly next time and pass on GTSM.

Do the Beckett Certs they were handing out say they actually witnessed the signing ?

They did last year...I’m wondering if they fixed that critical flaw yet.

#69 User is offline   nimrod25 

• Rookie
  • Pip

Posted 31 March 2019 - 10:03 PM

View Postchopper31, on 31 March 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

Do the Beckett Certs they were handing out say they actually witnessed the signing ?

They did last year...I’m wondering if they fixed that critical flaw yet.

States it was "examined by an expert and deemed authentic".
In reality they just looked at item to see who it was to enter in computer. Late on Sun they were using pen and paper.

#70 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 31 March 2019 - 10:12 PM

View Postnimrod25, on 31 March 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

States it was "examined by an expert and deemed authentic".
In reality they just looked at item to see who it was to enter in computer. Late on Sun they were using pen and paper.

OK, good...sounds like they changed it.

Last year the cards they were handing out read: “the signature(s) on this item were personally witnessed by a representative of Beckett Authentication Services”. which of course is highly inaccurate and much worse than JSA handing out their “Basic Certs” based on the fact that you were there that day with an autographed item in your hand.

Yeah, most of the authenticators just slap stickers on everything at these shows, as fast as they need to in order to keep the line moving.

#71 User is offline   yankeefan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:16 PM

View PostMr. Signings, on 31 March 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

GTSM only accepts the discount 7 days in advance. There is a note on all their listings.

Hey Boss-
Please read the coupon. it says can be presented at the show. I presented it at the show. Whose mistake is that?

#72 User is offline   Mr. Signings 

• Administrator
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationBeautiful Litchfield Hills

Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:57 AM

Printed on the coupon:

DISCOUNT NOTE | SHL DELUXE DISCOUNT ACCEPTED ON 7 DAY ADVANCE TICKETS ONLY

Note on the listing:

SHL DELUXE DISCOUNT ACCEPTED ON 7 DAY ADVANCE TICKETS ONLY

It does state the following on the coupon which is correct. But this promoter doesn't allow a purchase at the show:

"This coupon must be presented to promoter when making a purchase at the show or when purchasing by mail order."

I made an additional clarification on the coupon.

Keep in mind everybody, that it only takes one incident for a promoter to say they've had enough and drop out of the program. Then everyone loses.

#73 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Locationlong island new york

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:14 PM

This happened to me 2 years ago when I went to get Jim Brown Jim Otto Ray Guy and Len Dawson.... I argued the fact that the discount states to be presented at the time .... Finally my mother who was with me to meet Jim Brown had enough and took the cart i had with the helmets and said we are leaving ...

The person handling this issue laughed and said your going to walk away with out the autos and we both said yes it you that looses the $600 and i will just get them cheaper during hof weekend ..... so we walked out

While loading the car we were told ro come back in and that we would be given the discount but this would be the only time for now on order the tix and use the discount then ......

there were no further issues at this event and all 4 signers were as friendly as the could be Jim Brown was great and Len Dawson spoke with us for about 10 minutes .....

although pricing is so high for this event always but they bring in the bigger names

#74 User is offline   gzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:55 AM

Brillis is BACK!! How are you feeling these days?
Good to have you here once again!

#75 User is offline   brilis2016 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Locationlong island new york

Posted Yesterday, 03:04 PM

Healthy i guess diabetes is kicking my butt. Other then that daughter is takem care of ... Moved out of house looking for New one ... And items are being returned as per member so he says ... So back to spend $$$$ ...when your health is bad you cant do much ....

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users