SigningsHotline.com Forum: august e c national - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

august e c national

#41 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:16 PM

View Postjpssports, on 09 July 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

MRJeter,

Flights are booked for him and his agent, We have a signed contract. I feel confident he will show up for the signing.

Jim

Understand, and I do see that Cactus Sport League West had Knoblauch in October 2018 at a Minnesota signing.

I’m sure you can understand my concern, as last August, he was in town the entire week for the 1998 reunion ceremony. He arrived Tuesday/Wednesday of the week, made a few private appearances with the Yankees earlier in the week, showed up at Yankee Stadium (with a black eye) for the 1998 reunion ceremony, and flew back to Houston on Sunday morning, completely ditching the signing later that morning at MAB in NJ. He didn’t notify MAB until 10AM, and by that point, all fans interested had made the long trek to NJ.

#42 User is offline   jpssports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:32 PM

View PostMrJeter2, on 09 July 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

Understand, and I do see that Cactus Sport League West had Knoblauch in October 2018 at a Minnesota signing.

I’m sure you can understand my concern, as last August, he was in town the entire week for the 1998 reunion ceremony. He arrived Tuesday/Wednesday of the week, made a few private appearances with the Yankees earlier in the week, showed up at Yankee Stadium (with a black eye) for the 1998 reunion ceremony, and flew back to Houston on Sunday morning, completely ditching the signing later that morning at MAB in NJ. He didn’t notify MAB until 10AM, and by that point, all fans interested had made the long trek to NJ.

Maybe had something to do with the black eye

#43 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 09 July 2019 - 06:11 PM

View Postjpssports, on 09 July 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

Maybe had something to do with the black eye

Chuck is a low life, there’s no two ways around it. This is a man who has been charged with abuse and domestic violence, resulting in his induction into the Twins HOF being postponed indefinitely. The recent black eye was another assault incident.

Now, of course, this doesn’t change the fact that he was a good player in the right place at the right time, winning 3 WS w the Yankees, and for that, I certainly commend you for attempting to bring him in for us collectors.

If he was to attend Sunday’s show with other Yankee players, I’d definitey go. Even if he was a no show, it’s not like I’d be making the trip to White Plains just for him. I thought he makes more sense on Sunday’s lineup anyway.

However, Saturday’s Met and other sport heavy lineup doesn’t appeal as much to my collecting needs, and quite honestly, I don’t trust him sticking to his appearance to the point that I’m willing to change my plans of attending Mariano Day at the Stadium.

I commend JPs for bringing him in, hopefully he shows, acts like a human, and does well and other promoters bring him back for future shows.

#44 User is online   DjbNYG5692 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:24 PM

Man i gotta try to find a way to get to this show need knoblauch and sheffield and hostetler bad. Great lineup again jps.

#45 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:34 PM

Jim

Great show! Great job with Plainview as well. My son had a blast with Barzal

Just following up on my previous comment.

Any chance at all to reschedule Marvin Harrison?

#46 User is offline   GetsByBuckner 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:54 PM

Hey Jim:

Thanks for the info on Koosman. Based on the timing of his cancellation, I suspected that his recent trip to NYC made him realize that the flight is a bit tough to do twice in a one month stretch. From a personal standpoint, his cancellation (and the understanding that we probably won’t be coming to the east coast again) was a big disappointment. I have several items I wanted signed by him and had already purchased advanced tickets (on a side note, thanks for the fast refund!).

I know it isn’t your normal operating procedure, but would you consider doing a private signing with Koosman? You seem to have a good working relationship with him, based on the number of times you’ve had him at your shows. And other than the travel, he seems willing to sign. I was wondering/hoping that maybe something could be worked out to make this happen.

Just a thought....maybe something will come of it!

#47 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:58 PM

Figure I’d bump this up with the show coming up this weekend.

Jim, I noticed a few cancellations and time changes recently posted.

Can you please confirm that Chuck Knoblauch is still scheduled for Saturday 8/17 at 10:30 AM? As I have re arranged my schedule to attend, I would hate to make the trip for another cancellation (Knoblauch cancelled from last year’s MAB show).

Will guests be starting promptly at 10:30 AM? Sometimes, start times are not accurate - I sure hope this is accurate for Knoblauch and that he shows up. I have somewhere else to be later in the morning.

Please confirm. Thank you.

#48 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:01 AM

View PostMrJeter2, on 13 August 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

Figure I’d bump this up with the show coming up this weekend.

Jim, I noticed a few cancellations and time changes recently posted.

Can you please confirm that Chuck Knoblauch is still scheduled for Saturday 8/17 at 10:30 AM? As I have re arranged my schedule to attend, I would hate to make the trip for another cancellation (Knoblauch cancelled from last year’s MAB show).

Will guests be starting promptly at 10:30 AM? Sometimes, start times are not accurate - I sure hope this is accurate for Knoblauch and that he shows up. I have somewhere else to be later in the morning.

Please confirm. Thank you.

Hey Jeets, you may wanna consider emailing Jim your questions....jprs@nyshows.org.

I wouldn’t bank on him seeing it in here before the show.

#49 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:57 AM

Thanks just did.

#50 User is offline   bonafyde 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:54 AM

I'm going for Knoblauch too. If this guy cancels again ill be so pissed lol. Last summer was a two hour drive for him and nothing. Sure hope it works out this time.

#51 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:06 PM

View Postbonafyde, on 14 August 2019 - 07:54 AM, said:

I'm going for Knoblauch too. If this guy cancels again ill be so pissed lol. Last summer was a two hour drive for him and nothing. Sure hope it works out this time.

Well he showed up. He looks terrible, as expected. He never had the nicest of signatures, but he appears to have shortened his signature even further. He wasn’t very friendly, didn’t smile or talk much, but at least I had the chance to add him to some new pieces. And the black eye from last year’s 1998 reunion ceremony has healed. Thanks JPs for bringing him in. Nice show today.

#52 User is offline   bonafyde 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:37 AM

I’m so happy that he showed. I had a great day. Knobby was up on the stage before I was. He was very nice to my wife and I. He even stood up from his seat to take a picture over the table.

#53 User is offline   bonafyde 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:44 AM

To Jimmy and Ryan and company from JP Sports and Rock Solid Promotions,

After years of requesting him on this Forum, you guys were able to create an experience for me that I could only hope for.

I had the opportunity yesterday to have Chuck Knoblauch sign my items and even got to tell him what he meant to me as a kid and how important he was to the 98-00 championship teams. He signed my game used bat and was very nice to my wife and I.

I had the chance to thank one of you guys up on the stage around 10:30-11am. Not sure if it was Jimmy or Ryan, but I am forever grateful. It is obvious that you gentlemen take the time to listen to us customers on here to give us the best shows and the players we ask for. All I can say is thank you and you guys are the best. For whatever it’s worth thank you and keep up the great work.

Bonafyde

#54 User is offline   MrJeter2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 18 August 2019 - 01:15 PM

Went back today to add Fred McGriff and Jeff Bagwell to a couple of pieces. Both were very pleasant and accommodating - Bagwell especially. I know JP’s has been trying for Bagwell via Tristar for a while, so it was nice to see him make an east coast appearance. Bagwell was very polite and tried to make small talk. McGriff wasn’t as chatty but gave very nice signatures and in good spirits.

Didn’t need Jason Giambi or Gary Sheffield after getting them at previous shows, but both were very pleasant in passing them by in the hallway. Giambi especially has always been a nice guy. Bobby Richardson is one of the nicest guests that JP’s has ever had, always great to see him doing well.

Overall it was a very successful show. Saturday was inevitably much more crowded than Sunday. Today (Sunday) still had a representative crowd but definitely much smaller.

Overall show was nicely organized. Most of the guests I needed were on the stage, which went by number calling. A little congested (Saturday) by the bottom of the stage and one of the JP’s employees was overwhelmed and rude, but all in all a great time. Looking forward to the next one - hoping the October shows don’t interfere with any Yankees playoff game!

Jim, any idea of when Edgar Martinez will be rescheduled for?

#55 User is offline   Patrick 

• PipPip

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:23 AM

Unfortunately, I could only go for the Saturday evening session as I had commitments during the other time frames. I went to pick up Didi on a 16x20. I had a fairly low number as I had pre-ordered my ticket. Once he arrived it was pretty smooth sailing. I love JP's shows as the guys are always easy to deal with and never seem to get flustered regardless of how crazy the mob scene is around them. Didi seemed like the good guy I thought he would be. As for the dealers, there were a few in particular that had the higher end autos that I am interested in. I am not a big card guy and a good percentage of the dealers are card guys. All and all, an enjoyable show once again.

#56 User is offline   answerman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:36 AM

any fliers at the show for upcoming shows

#57 User is offline   GetsByBuckner 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:34 PM

View Postanswerman, on 20 August 2019 - 11:36 AM, said: