SigningsHotline.com Forum: CSA OCTOBER 2019 - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CSA OCTOBER 2019

#1 User is offline   barris 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:29 PM

I know its 2 months away....lets get something started here

#2 User is offline   Bats 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:41 AM

Namath, Jurgensen, Johnny Robinson, Bobby Mitchell, Jimmy Johnson, Billy Shaw, Willie Brown, Leroy Kelly, Csonka, Larry Little, and Ron Yary to name a few.

#3 User is offline   SKVU 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:16 PM

Johnny Robinson would be great if his health permits.

#4 User is offline   barris 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:40 AM

Elway, peyton manning, Steve young, phil simms

#5 User is offline   barris 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:50 AM

Deion Branch, Dexter Jackson..... sb mvps
Trent Dilfer

#6 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:41 PM

Any names coming soon?

#7 User is offline   barris 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:41 PM

its time....lets go

#8 User is offline   dareyl 

• PipPip

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:56 PM

Can we get Verlander and Kershaw
Bo jackson
Heisman theme
Monsters of the midway
The Hogs - Redskins

#9 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:45 AM

View Postdareyl, on 20 August 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

Can we get Verlander and Kershaw
Bo jackson
Heisman theme
Monsters of the midway
The Hogs - Redskins

I’d say chances are pretty good that both Verlander and Kershaw will have something else on their schedules that weekend ;)

#10 User is offline   mdellinger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:02 AM

Jerry Rice
Joe Montana
Kurt Warner
Bo Jackson

Drew Pearson
Dez Bryant
Marion Barber III
Terrell Owens

Michael Vick
Frank Beamer

John Thompson
Patrick Ewing
Dikembe Mutombo
Alonzo Mourning
Allen Iverson

Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
Shawn Michaels
Steve Austin

#11 User is offline   Bats 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:50 PM

Holy crickets..!! Smh. I swear this industry needs a major make-over or possibly marketing 101!

#12 User is offline   steelerfan1968 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

The show is in 6 weeks, Wow!

#13 User is offline   barris 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:17 AM

I find it amazing that nothing has happened as yet

#14 User is offline   Bats 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:35 AM

Every show it's the same bs marketing! Who runs this type of business model?

#15 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:25 AM

As a reminder, this time last year everyone was complaining about the same thing. Then Bill added 40 names in 2 weeks including Darrel green and the Ray Lewis “full signature” signing.

Give CSA credit...unlike some competitors..they only list when things are confirmed.

Take a breath...the names will come in soon. August is a slow month.

#16 User is offline   Bats 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:11 AM

View PostBozman26, on 30 August 2019 - 02:25 AM, said:

As a reminder, this time last year everyone was complaining about the same thing. Then Bill added 40 names in 2 weeks including Darrel green and the Ray Lewis “full signature” signing.

Give CSA credit...unlike some competitors..they only list when things are confirmed.

Take a breath...the names will come in soon. August is a slow month.

Credit? They are the worst with marketing and allowing people to coordinate out of town plans. Joke!

#17 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:36 AM

Bats

Maybe you would prefer that they advertise a bunch of players who cancel two weeks before the show? I think our friends at GTSM have that market pretty much covered.

#18 User is offline   Bats 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:36 PM

View PostBozman26, on 30 August 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

Bats

Maybe you would prefer that they advertise a bunch of players who cancel two weeks before the show? I think our friends at GTSM have that market pretty much covered.

I agree GTSM is not accountable, although a majority of these companies within this industry have zero marketing skills nor accountability!

#19 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:29 PM

My thing is i have to decide between virginia the philly shows in september w chasky and philly show jps in october or legends up in batavia. I live by cooperstown so i cant just go to every show. I need to see lists of players to decide which show i want to go to. If i dnt see names of any other shows with names other than philly show and chasky i guess im going to that by default. Again like others have said we need to kniw ahead of time for travel hotels etc. If there are no names nxt week im heading to king of prussia.

#20 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:37 PM

I think it’s safe to assume I can speak for everyone when I say the expectation is to release names that are confirmed, within a timely fashion. This should not be too much to ask for, nor that hard to accomplish. In fact, I’d go as far to say it should be one of the most basic elements of the foundation for a successful show. Sadly, it’s becoming a rare sighting across the industry.

Does anyone really believe that not a single guest is confirmed for the show, which is only 42 days away, and that is why no names have been announced ? I don’t believe that for a second. A lot of promoters like to get cute with their announcements, and make them in “waves” or some with some type of ridiculous gimmick (like 1 per day for the next how many ever days, guess who is getting announced tomorrow, etc). Nobody is impressed by that nonsense, and a lot of people get annoyed by it. It’s a simple concept really...when someone is confirmed, just make the freakin’ announcement, even if it’s the only announcement of the day and doesn’t fit some cute type of gimmick.

It’s currently 3:30pm on Friday of a Holiday weekend. At this point, I think we can probably rule out guests from being announced prior to Tuesday (which will mark 38 days from the show). Let’s say for the sake of argument that the entire guest list, along with pricing and appearance times gets announced on Tuesday. Is 38 days, ample time for customers to book flights and rental cars, without paying an arm & a leg ? Now to be realistic, the entire guest list will not be released on Tuesday, and signing times will probably be held off until the very week of the show. A few weeks ago, I attended The National in Chicago, and had to make travel arrangements. I had ample notice of guests and signing times, so I know it IS possible...and in the middle of Summer nonetheless.

I’ve been very outspoken of my frustration with CSA’s pre-show marketing over the years, which had upset a few of you, who feel the need to defend CSA at all costs. Many of those loyalists are customers who can make a day trip to CSA, and don’t have to worry about the other aspects of travel arrangements. That’s a completely different ball game from those who do, so when you think you can understand the other customers frustration, I’m sorry to say you probably have no idea.

Does GTSM practice some questionable marketing tactics ? Sure...but should that alter customer expectations from other promoters ?

Should we all be giving other promoters a pass, on different types of poor marketing, because of what GTSM does ?

Is any promoter exempt from having last minute cancellations ?

I think there is ample reason for frustration by ZERO names being announced at this point only 42 days from the show.

Sadly, while CSA used to be one of the very few promoters plagued by this problem, the club has gained many more members. There really are only a small handful of promoters/shows that give ample notice with their guest lists anymore. With that said, I’m thankful that my involvement in this hobby is winding down, because it’s getting to the point where the frustration outweighs the enjoyment. That’s unfortunate, but it’s the truth...

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users