SigningsHotline.com Forum: CSA OCTOBER 2019 - SigningsHotline.com Forum

Welcome! SigningsHotline DeLuxe now offers Email AND Text alerts for any athlete, state, college, team or award you like. Plus more listing info, shop 800 dealers at once and Gold members even get autograph discounts from the top promoters. Click Here To Join Now!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CSA OCTOBER 2019

#21 User is offline   Bozman26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:45 PM

I hear you chop and yes it can be frustrating. My earlier point was comparing last year to this year. We had the same list of complaints as last year and CSA still delivered a good show.

That being said, my time and passion with regards to the hobby is fading as well. Lack of fan friendly signings, spoiled athletes who prefer no public interaction, rookies who charge more then HOFers, Handlers who act like jackasses, not taking pictures with kids at the table, not allowing inscription adds to certified items, and sky rocketing prices are what’s doing that for me. Not CSA’s marketing policies. It’s just not fun anymore. My son refuses to cheer for Gleybar Torres to this day because of how he behaved at an MAB show last year. I wanted signings to enhance his passion for sports...not deter from it.

I think once I have my final 7 helmets in my project with my son, i’ll Probably be done. (I also don’t want to raise him to be a quitter lol)

#22 User is offline   Digger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationPacific NW

Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:38 PM

Received an email from CSA today...first names will be announced Sept 3rd...Johnny Robinson is my number one, also Kevin Mawae, Derrick Brooks, Mike Curtis and Morten Andersen for starters.
"Everytime you lose you die a little bit. You die inside. A portion of you. Not all of your organs, maybe just your liver".

George Allen

#23 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationGrand Island, NY

Posted 01 September 2019 - 07:32 AM

View PostBozman26, on 30 August 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

I hear you chop and yes it can be frustrating. My earlier point was comparing last year to this year. We had the same list of complaints as last year and CSA still delivered a good show.

That being said, my time and passion with regards to the hobby is fading as well. Lack of fan friendly signings, spoiled athletes who prefer no public interaction, rookies who charge more then HOFers, Handlers who act like jackasses, not taking pictures with kids at the table, not allowing inscription adds to certified items, and sky rocketing prices are what’s doing that for me. Not CSA’s marketing policies. It’s just not fun anymore. My son refuses to cheer for Gleybar Torres to this day because of how he behaved at an MAB show last year. I wanted signings to enhance his passion for sports...not deter from it.

I think once I have my final 7 helmets in my project with my son, i’ll Probably be done. (I also don’t want to raise him to be a quitter lol)

Oh there are definitely reasons beyond promoters not releasing info timely, why I feel the hobby is taking a sharp nosedive, including those you mentioned.

Definitely sad when athletes can’t even be respectful to kids. I only have two autographs from athletes who are younger than I am, and both were obtained through private signings, so thankfully I haven’t had to deal with the current generation.

Well, at least your son aprreciated the time you guys spent together on the hobby, and the vast majority of the athletes he did get to meet. I’m sure there are plenty of great memories he will never forget...

#24 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 01 September 2019 - 07:35 AM

View PostDigger, on 30 August 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

Received an email from CSA today...first names will be announced Sept 3rd...Johnny Robinson is my number one, also Kevin Mawae, Derrick Brooks, Mike Curtis and Morten Andersen for starters.

The email you received translates to “we have plenty of names we could announce, but we’re holding off until Tuesday to do so”.

IMO, those are the most annoying announcements a promoter can make...

#25 User is offline   nydre78 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:02 AM

View PostBozman26, on 30 August 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

I’m taking a break from “the hobby” for these reasons and more. And I don’t see it getting better.

#26 User is offline   barris 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2019 - 04:06 PM

heavy Redskins....not interesting yet

#27 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2019 - 04:25 PM

Ya nothing for me so far either

#28 User is offline   mdellinger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:28 PM

<edited>

Updating this, as I spoke with Bill last night and he has resolved the situation. Didn't intend any negativity from my post, just looking for some help in getting this taken care of...he did that, and quickly. I appreciate the customer support.

Thanks again!

#29 User is offline   Gamebreaker Sports 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:06 PM

This is a easy fix at the last show Amy said you took a business card and that has all of our numbers and email. We got updated cards and have 50 of this item in stock. If you tossed the card you can call me tonight or anytime cell 301 518 9290 or call the csa office. I'm not hard to find

Bill

#30 User is offline   barris 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:38 AM

updates????...show seems a weak ....not much interest so far

#31 User is offline   chopper31 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:04 PM

Natrone Means is a nice add....I don’t think I’ve seen him at a signing before

#32 User is offline   DjbNYG5692 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:20 PM

Eh

#33 User is offline   NationalsWin 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Yesterday, 04:32 PM

I'm not seeing any CSA guests on the SHL search feature.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users